• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Annotation] Add annotation such as highlight, without confirming in the comment area.

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently using PDF Embed API.

I'd like to ask if there is a way to add annotations such as highlight, without confirming in the comment area every time, unless the user double clicks the highlighted annotation. 

Currently, every time user adds an annotation, the comment panel will switch on and user has to choose cancel or post. 

This can be quite tedious especially user need to use full screen to view the pdf, as after posting the annotation, user often has to manually close the comment panel.

until next time it pops up again...

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Currently, the only way to do this is to is set showCommentsPanel to false and then build your own comments pane that you can toggle the visibility of as needed. By hiding the native comment panel, users no longer need to confirm a comment. The comment automatically posts after a second or two. This method also lets you add additional "verbs" to your custom panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, the only way to do this is to is set showCommentsPanel to false and then build your own comments pane that you can toggle the visibility of as needed. By hiding the native comment panel, users no longer need to confirm a comment. The comment automatically posts after a second or two. This method also lets you add additional "verbs" to your custom panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But recently I've encountered another issue. When I've added many annotations with the comment panel on, 

I noticed that the browser or the pdf viewer is getting slower and slower, when I wish to select the text and add a highlight to it. 

I'm not expert on this but I check the chrome performance tab, which says that the mouse up event (which probbaly fired up when I'm done with the text selection) takes over 3 seconds to respond. 

This issue resolves when I refresh the website. 

May I ask what might be causing this issue and how can i address it? 

Thanks again, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a bug in memory management or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is it just me or does it happen to anyone else? 

how am i suppose to confirm the bug source? thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources