• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Block data collection from Adobe Document Service PDF embed API

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exploring Adobe Document Service PDF embed API and have a question on data security

As per FAQ Article on link

https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-services-apis/faq-for-document-services-pdf-embed-api/td-p/1...

SECURITY QUESTIONS

When Adobe Analytics is not enabled by the SuiteID and no other events are enabled, does Adobe collect any data about the PDF being viewed.

• The PDF Embed API  stores user settings in client-side browser's local storage for things such as color for annotation. As far as analytics is concerned, PDF Embed ONLY gathers standard anonymous usage and data parameters like locations, timezone, pdf file lang, file name, file size, no of pages, etc.. It doesn't store any user-generated content in analytics and never shares user-generated content with Adobe servers.

My Question is

Is there any way, we can suppress altogether sending data to adobe servers, even if it is for anonymous usage or data parameters.

If this is not available with free service, Please let us if their are any paid options that enable blocking sending data outside completely

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saurabh5C51 did you find an answer to this question? I'm looking for the answer to the same question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, currently there is no way to suppress anonymous product usage analytics. I shall let my colleague @Arpan Bhattacharya provide more information about paid option but perhaps there aren't any at this point of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources