Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot perform DCAPI command if DCAPI is disabled

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to get started with the basics:

I copied the 'Copy it Run it' code into our application.

var adobeDCView = new AdobeDC.View({ clientId: "OUR CLIENT ID", divId: "adobe-dc-view" });
adobeDCView.previewFile({
 content: {location: {url: "https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/PDFs/Bodea Brochure.pdf"}},
 metaData: {fileName: "Bodea Brochure.pdf"}
});

When it runs the spinner shows 'Opening Document 100%' but it throws an error a Promise rejection 'Cannot perform DCAPI command if DCAPI is disabled'.

If I click through all the Promise rejections the pdf does eventually display, though any mouse move over the pdf generates more Promise rejections.

I must be missing something obvious???

I also tried using our own pdf with the url pointing at our AWS location, the spinner shows 'Opening Document 0%' then the promise rejection, the pdf never loads

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't been able to resolve the promise rejection but our pdf is now rendering I think it just renders very slow in the viewer.

In Chrome native all 6 pages render almost instantly, in PDFJS  it renders in a few seconds but in the Adobe viewer it is taking minutes and several pages are incorrectly or partially rendered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8xqFCX4ddkWk-6EDngDBXJoPcWc9gtp/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The partial rendering seems to just be a question of timing, wait long enough and it seems to sort itself out.
It also seems this maybe more of an issue with the inline mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources