Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert HTML to Editable PDF Node.js

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I've been trying to work on a solution to create an editable PDF from HTML. So the expected functionality that I would like to see is the input fields from my HTML are then editable in my PDF. I have attached the PDF that was generated to this post.

The method I am using to generate is in-line with the demo where I am generating from an HTML file inside a zip file. The html code looks like so (I have left out the table as otherwise it would be too much to paste):

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en"><head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
</head>

<body>
    <h1>Title Demo Report</h1>
    <h1>Report Date 2021-01-17T13:44:15.21724+02:00</h1>
    <h1>IsDemo Option true</h1>

<h1>Demo Inputs</h1>
    Checkbox <input type="checkbox" value="checkbox"> <br>
    Radio Buttons <input type="radio" name="radio-test" value="option-1"> Option 1 <input type="radio" name="radio-test" value="option-2"> Option 2<br>
    Text <input type="text"> <br>
    Date <input type="date"> <br>

</body></html>

I am not setting any other settings other than `.includesHeaderFooter(true)`, is there a specific setting I need to set to ensure that inputs are editable in generated PDF?

TOPICS
PDF Services API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently, interactive PDF objects are not supported by the HTML to PDF service. Your input fields will not be editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources