Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Rotate a PDF while viewing it in PDF Embed API

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Rotate a pdf while viewing it in PDF Embed API

Like Clockwise, AntiClockwise or 180 degrees rotate.

sample example is given below:

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, page rotation is not an option in Embed API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major issue for my users; they're having to use the native Chrome PDF viewer instead, since they're reading scientific papers with many pages in landscape layout to accommodate large tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are these PDF files getting created where the pages are not in the correct reading orientation prior to posting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ubiquitous in scientific publishing; they're optimizing for print, where a reader would turn the actual printed page to read the table. For a representative example, see Table 1 in https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19814-6.pdf; often an entire page will be like that. When reading the article on screen, it's important to be able to rotate the page in the PDF reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That's pretty annoying. Modern PDF creation tools are smart enough to set the rotation on the page as the file is being created.

Anyway. Rotation is currently not a feature of Embed API but the engineering team has been delivering new features and APIs at a fairly steady clip. I wouldn't be surprised if rotation turned up at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in need of this same functionality. 2023 and still not implemented =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023, still no rotation...

I have a lot of PDFs with scanned fitting instruction where text pages are in 'portrait' view, but some diagrams or large tables are in horizontal view, and theres no option to rotate it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We deal with documents which have different orientation across pages, rotation is a very basic need for using the API

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also looking to implement the API, but the lack of rotation functionality is also a problem for me.
I saw that since 2020 this feature has been requested. There is no prediction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources