• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to test PDF embed API

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only last week came across PDF Embed API by Adobe and I am trying to integrate this on our web application.

Have got the credentials generated for the domain

However in local, getting this warning when doing inspect:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk/2.10.3_1.10.0-1257dda/private/main.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Links to PDF files store in Document Cloud are links to PDF experiences, not direct links to the PDF files themselves. In order to use Embed API, you need to provide a direct link to the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links to PDF files store in Document Cloud are links to PDF experiences, not direct links to the PDF files themselves. In order to use Embed API, you need to provide a direct link to the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I'm new to this platform. Are you saying you can't use the Embed API for local PDFs? I'm currently using it this way and everything loads great. But.. there are 403 errors behind the scenes:

- main.js.map
- interface.js.map

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that wasn't what  he was saying. Joel was saying you can't use the Embed API for PDF files in Document Cloud. If you have the same issue (files in Document Cloud not working in Embed API), you have the same solution (do not use Document Cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to be clear to hopefully get the answer I'm looking for. If I need to I can start a new thread if this is not related (I was an Adobe Community Expert so I'm familiar with the proccess...)

1. I am using the Embed API
  2. I am serving local PDFs (not on Document Cloud)
  3. It all works as expected and displays fantanstic
  4. BUT... I get 403 errors from the console for the following two Adobe files:
    1. main.js.map
    2. nterface.js.map

I can just ignore it as it works...but I always like to find out why things throw an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't doing anything wrong. The javascript files for this library indicate that they have corresponding map files. These are used when the js files are the output of a compilation process, and it allows the debugger to show the original source. When the debugger requests those files, it gets a 403 error. Either Adobe has something misconfigured, or they are only for internal use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I include this files from the local instead of cloud, will the issue be fixed? 
I mean could we have access to those files so we download them and add them ro the project then we see whats happening 

but I think the best solution is that this api should be as package and it must be configured with app so those warning willl not appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have those files to include? You could just serve blank files, if not. But it's probably better to edit the js files to remove the reference to the map files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources