Exit

PDF Embed API: We were unable to post your comment, please try again

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only in certain .pdf's I am not able to post any annotations:

Yorick5F96_0-1600779199416.png

Any idea why this could be? The pdf renders well and there isn't any error in the console when annotating.

Furthermore, this is not always visible to the users as they make annotations after eachother and this message only shows when the annotation is clicked. This results in users losing their annotations as there is no "annotation failed" event I can listen to to warn users nothing is being saved.

I the attachment you find an example of such a file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for using PDF Embed API. Sorry for the inconvenience. Is this happening every time when you try to add an annotation? If so, Could you please let us know which annotation you are trying to add?

I tried your file on our PDF Embed API Demo https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/index.html , somehow it is working for me. I tried adding Note and Shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error occurs at any annotation. I tried the PDF Embed API Demo and was able to reproduce it there as well (using frefox 80.0.1 if that matters) :

Yorick5F96_1-1600782987609.png

I found in the demo that the error does not always occur directly but sometimes after a few annotations were made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shubhanshu DixitWhere you able to reproduce the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have taken note of the issue and will work on resolving it at the earliest. Would be great if you can share other PDFs where you see this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly, when I get reports of similar problems with other PDFs I will share it here. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue here.

You might have luck following the solution there, which was to ensure you're always passing an ID in your metaData in the previewFile promise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the comment!

In my case the problem was limited to a specific file and occured also in the PDF Embed API Demo on adobe.com . Was your problem also limited to specific files as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also and experiencing this problem when I try to reply to comments made by others to the pdf. 

I'd originally opened a pdf exported from InDesign into Acrobat DC, shared it; the others commented on it through the web browser "cloud" version. I try to reply via the cloud version and I get "We were unable to post your reply, please try again. 
2021-11-19_14-49-56.png

I tried quitting out of Chrome and going back in but no change. 

I tried clicking the Open in Acrobat button, but it's been preparing the file for at least 5 minutes now.
2021-11-19_14-57-20.png

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole team has been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now. It's been super frustrating because we use adobe cloud for routing work for review/notes across teams. Is there a solution to this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're also having similar issues - the problem is intermittent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources