• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF tools API action in Power Automate is giving OperationException error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get the Adobe pdf tools api to work in Power Automate. I've tried converting Word-documents (dotx) and images (png) to pdf but it's not working at all. When I use another api, there no problem converting with the same input parameters from Power Automate.

This is an example of the latest error. I am trying to convert an image from a Sharepoint-list:

Dany0D4C_0-1618319919891.png

Output:

{"statusCode":400,"headers":{"Transfer-Encoding":"chunked","x-request-id":"7J1RTNRoDHLaDKURB19rgHNmBBtgCNmU","pragma":"no-cache","x-content-type-options":"nosniff","strict-transport-security":"max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains","x-robots-tag":"noindex,nofollow","vary":"accept-encoding","x-envoy-upstream-service-time":"50","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"true","Cache-Control":"no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache","Date":"Tue, 13 Apr 2021 11:50:34 GMT","Content-Type":"application/json","Expires":"Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT","Content-Length":"226"},"body":{"error":{"code":"OperationException","message":"For image/png mime-type The input file appears to be corrupted and cannot be processed.; transactionId=8iuZGIzrfBaeQnVp7oTxrdlHZJ6jXwKX-PowerAutomate"}}}

Any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MPhelpdesk ,

I am not able to reproduce the issue that you are using. Can you provide more detail of the flow that you are running? i just tried using a PNG and it worked fine. However, as it relates to a DOTX file, try converting it to a DOCX file instead. The error indicates to me it might have something to do with how you are passing the file content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the problem was indeed the way I passed the file content. I have an action that adds an attachment (e.g. a .png) to a sharepoint list and then I used the output of that action as the input for the convert document to pdf action. But that was not working. Now I use the same input of the add attachment action to convert to pdf an that's working!

But still having troubles with the Word-file. I have an action that fills a Word-template (DOTX) and indeed, that extension is not supported by the api. So I convert the DOTX to DOCX with an action and then I use that output to convert to PDF. But it is giving me a file extension error.

Here's that part of the flow:

MPhelpdesk_0-1618388695016.png

The result:

MPhelpdesk_1-1618388759845.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I did use a wrong filename in the input of the convert action. But now when I use the correct filename and docx-file I get the 'original' error from my first post:

MPhelpdesk_0-1618397173683.png

Error:

{
    "statusCode"400,
    "headers": {
        "Transfer-Encoding""chunked",
        "x-request-id""YAGXydy4ACfUyhvUMBn5mXPqkJ4oXfdc",
        "pragma""no-cache",
        "x-content-type-options""nosniff",
        "strict-transport-security""max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains",
        "x-robots-tag""noindex,nofollow",
        "vary""accept-encoding",
        "x-envoy-upstream-service-time""26",
        "Timing-Allow-Origin""*",
        "x-ms-apihub-cached-response""true",
        "Cache-Control""no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache",
        "Date""Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:41:21 GMT",
        "Content-Type""application/json",
        "Expires""Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT",
        "Content-Length""288"
    },
    "body": {
        "error": {
            "code""OperationException",
            "message""For application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document mime-type The input file appears to be corrupted and cannot be processed.; transactionId=4Qkrmke9hEffkCCtJEukxAaCTYMrcWIq-PowerAutomate"
        }
    }
}

My input comes from the create file action (in OneDrive):
MPhelpdesk_3-1618397518332.png

MPhelpdesk_1-1618397289529.png

The create file actions does make a valid .docx file and when I use the convert to pdf action from OneDrive, a valid .pdf is made. So I don't understand why the Adobe action with exactly the same input isn't working?

MPhelpdesk_2-1618397444834.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources