• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update a replying annotation by calling updateAnnotation()

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wish to use the annotation manager's interface to update a replying annotation. But I'm getting this error: 

I've logged the data passed to the annotationManager.updateAnnotation() function before the error. 

reply-error.png

kindly advise. thanks. 

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

This has been fixed in the latest release. Please try it out and let us know if you face any issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that you're facing this issue. 

Would be super helpful if you can share the detailed steps and we will look into the issue.

1. How are you adding the annotations and what kind of annotations are you adding? Sticky note, highlight, etc.?

2. Do you see this error only when updating replies or the issue happens with other annotation types as well?

3. Is your code deployed on a public site which we can run and try out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've forked and modified the example repo at: https://github.com/ntutangyun/pdf-embed-api-samples 

Please check out the React example and go to the route: 

/annotationAPIs/UIConfigurations

as shown in the picture below: 

test.png

I've modified the code so that the built-in comment panel is shown so that you could add replies inside it. 

and the replies will also be shown on the right side managed by React.

I've tested the code and as shown in the picture.

It turned out that only for "freetext" annotation, its replies can not be updated from the right most panel (managed by React). the replies for "freetext" annotations can be updated in the built-in comments panel though.

the above issues does not appear for any other types of annotations such as notes or highlights. 

Please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue. This is a bug and we will resolve it soon. Please keep watching this space for updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been fixed in the latest release. Please try it out and let us know if you face any issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources