Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Adobe DC View SDK html code to Weebly website doesn't work

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I cut and paste the html code from the Demo Site and embed this into my Weebly website, it doesn't work at all.

I have tried to embed the basic Bodeo Brochure sample html code you have on the Demo site (see below):

<div id="adobe-dc-view"></div> <script src="https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk/main.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> document.addEventListener("adobe_dc_view_sdk.ready", function(){ var adobeDCView = new AdobeDC.View({clientId: "<YOUR_CLIENT_ID>", divId: "adobe-dc-view"}); adobeDCView.previewFile({ content:{location: {url: "https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/PDFs/Bodea Brochure.pdf"}}, metaData:{fileName: "Bodea Brochure.pdf"} }, {}); }); </script>

This didn't work. I then included my Client ID in between the " " marks, and pointed to a Google Drive url pdf document, and changed the fileName in the html as instructed. This didn't work either. I thought pointing to Google Drive might be the problem. So I pointed the url to a basic uploaded pdf url. This didn't work as well. 

In all cases, when I embed the html code onto the Weebly website, it shows a 1 cm high white box, with an occasional blue rotating circle, that looks like its going into cardiac arrest, trying to upload the document, but never does. 

In searching on the web, I could also find virtually no help regarding this product, and no specfic clear and simple instructions on Adobe on how to use this product. A Youtube video demonstrating how to use this would have been a great help ... but again there was nothing.

If any Abode professionals have any suggestions or help I would really appreciate it. Many thanks ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maitreya, 

Thanks for choosing Adobe View SDK, I’d love to help you out with this. That definitely shouldn’t be happening, I need a little more information to understand what’s going on. Could you please share a screenshot of the webpage(with console) or a hosted website (development) that would be amazing if possible?

Once we’ve got that information from you, we can take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway ... The Bodea Brochure sample does now show up, but only
after publishing. It still shows the 1cm high issue in Weebly before
publishing. I still can't find a way for it to accept/point to my own url
though. Also, I can see no option to change the html code to make the PDF
document larger, meaning the text is hard to read. Thus I have decided to
stay with Google Drive PDF embed, which is simple and works fine, and I can
easily adjust the html iframe size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have a similar issue embedding the Adobe PDF embed API code in Weebly. In my case the error message that appears is "This application domain (xxx) is not authorized to use the provided PDF Embed API Client ID." I have tried with the Bodeo Brochure sample, as well as with PDF documents I uploaded to Google Drive and Weebly. I'm attaching a screenshot with console, hope this is what you need to figure out the problem. Thanks!

The code I posted (including my Client ID) was:

<div id="adobe-dc-view" style="height: 360px; width: 500px;"></div>
<script src="https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk/main.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.addEventListener("adobe_dc_view_sdk.ready", function(){
var adobeDCView = new AdobeDC.View({clientId: "<YOUR_CLIENT_ID>", divId: "adobe-dc-view"});
adobeDCView.previewFile({
content:{location: {url: "https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/PDFs/Bodea Brochure.pdf"}},
metaData:{fileName: "Bodea Brochure.pdf"}
}, {embedMode: "SIZED_CONTAINER", showDownloadPDF: false, showPrintPDF: false});
});
</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources