• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2020 And This Software's Installers are Garbage..

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four times already. I have tried to download and install Photoshop and accompanying apps through Adobe Cloud and everything I try to install quits/ stalls.  I've even gone as far as allowing a tech to access my screen and controll my computer, with no luck.  The software says my computer and OS are both compatible. I've disabled all firewalls, virus protection, defragged my HD. Still same problem.  I have not succesfully been able to install ANY of the software offered. 

When you read posts from others within the Online Members community forum you can see that Several people are dealing with the same issue. The "solutions" offered in the help section are essentially a series of hoola hoops that, We. the paying customers have to jump through.

I find it pathetic that a company that has been making software for decades is struggling with such a simple and common function in 2020.  Is it that Adobe favors Macs and OS X? As a musician, I'm constantly installing software and plugins from other companies without issue.  So, it's NOT my computer!  At this point I am giving up and closing my account.  Thanks for wasting my time.  

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Meunlo, I am sorry that you encountered problems with the uninstall process for the Creative Cloud applications.  The Creative Cloud desktop app is utilized to manage the download, install, and uninstall process.

We do regularly release mandatory updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app and many of these updates are to improve the download, install, and uninstall process.  For more information on the improvements that have been implemented to the Creative Cloud desktop app see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, my aging workstation has no trouble downloading and installing Creative Cloud titles.   So the burning question is what's so different about my set-up?

• I have Win10 (version 1903) with latest updates.
  • My Creative Cloud Desktop App is the latest version 5x.
  • My computer user profile has full Admin level permissions.
  • And my system exceeds the min-requirements to run the software.

Can you download & install any apps from the Microsoft Store?  

Creative Cloud download & installation is a 3 step process.  It would help to know from log files what's interfering with that process.  See link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html

======================

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you by private message offering to sell you software or take control of your computer, it's a scam.  Run away!.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue.

Make sure that you have all Windows updates that are available.

The one thing that was causing it for me, believe it or not, was that I needed to do a clean installation of the latest Studio graphics driver from the NVIDIA website. After doing that and restarting, all was OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time Adobe user here. I am with you. I have been struggling with this Adobe hot garbage creative cloud nonsense for too long. Everytime I want to simply edit or view photos, I have to waste time and update Creative Cloud and other software. I also don't like the file synch feature. There seems to be no option to disable it permanently. All you can do is pause it from doing a file synch.

I first began using Adobe Photoshop in 1992. It was an invaluable tool for me for decades. I actually helped the company and taught Photoshop (I worked for a software training company briefly) in the late 90's. Adobe doesn't care anymore.

Adobe user experience doesn't exist. I am officially uninstalling Adobe forever and going with Affinity Photo from now on. Adobe cloud experience and products are hot garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what really ticks me off... I have an older laptop with some adobe apps installed.. I'd like to remove them and re-purpose the laptop for something else. However, Adobe seems to think the ONLY  way for me to be ALLOWED to remove these applications is to FIRST UPDATE Adobe Creative Cloud... Uhm. No. Ths is my device, when I say I want to remove something from it, that doesn't mean, please download more of your code to my device before I can remove it... So INFURIATING! 

[Profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to be hostile towards fellow product users. We don't work for Adobe.

Use the Adobe Cleaner tools to remove old software and hidden files from your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you have to install a tool to completely remove Adobe software is already a problem in itself. A properly made program should be fully uninstallable without the need for external tools like this.

Don't get me wrong tho, I know the community isn't responsible for this and really appreciate the work you are doing.

But the fact that Adobe products bloat my PC that much (half of my task manager is filled with Adobe services and processes) really isn't right. It's been an issue for 8+ year and still no improvement on the CC app. It's sad because having a program that can updates all Adobe products on itself isn't a bad idea. We just don't need all that 10 processes and more junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These do a lot of different things, including managing Adobe font service, online storage, downloading and installing apps, validating licenses, handling product updates, handling CC Libraries, ensuring genuine software, and more.

Why do I need Adobe background processes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure there are tons of "launcher" softwares out there that can do all these do in one or two processes.

I understand a bit better now tho, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meunlo, I am sorry that you encountered problems with the uninstall process for the Creative Cloud applications.  The Creative Cloud desktop app is utilized to manage the download, install, and uninstall process.

We do regularly release mandatory updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app and many of these updates are to improve the download, install, and uninstall process.  For more information on the improvements that have been implemented to the Creative Cloud desktop app see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines