• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AAMLauncherUtil, AAM Registration Notifier, AdobeIPCBroker still required for LR 7?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to subscribing to latest LR CC (only installed LR classic and PS), I was using standalone LR 6. After using LR Classic for a few months, I decided to uninstall LR 6 on my Mac. However I still see AAMLauncherUtil, AAM Registration Notifier and AdobeIPCBroker on the Mac Launch Pad. Are they still needed? Can I remove them?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Wee-sint14384369 you are welcome to customize the appearance of your Launchpad on macOS.  Please do not remove the applications themselves though as they are used for licensing Lightroom 6, Lightroom Classic CC, and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wee-sint14384369 you are welcome to customize the appearance of your Launchpad on macOS.  Please do not remove the applications themselves though as they are used for licensing Lightroom 6, Lightroom Classic CC, and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, now that Mac OS Catalina is out and no longer runs 32-Bit applications, what is happening to the three notifier (32-bit) apps running in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I use CleanMyMac to keep the MAC in condition. Through this app I can uninstall the apps i do  not need anymore.  Using CleanMyMac I can uninstall  these notifiers. A prohibitory sign

(:prohibited: ) is covering the app-logo's of the notifiers. This means they are not working under Catalina because they are 32Bit. 

The thing is ,if  I uninstall these apps does Adobe Creative Cloud keep on working correctly. ???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines