• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Academy of Art Cancels CS6 for all current and PAST students. I don't want the cloud. I've been robbed!

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and the Academy of Art University are in the process of canceling thousands of registered copies of the Adobe Master Collection - v. CS6 without warning, notice, or legal grounds. Be warned.

It's a direct violation of the licensing agreement, and both parties are blaming each other for the theft. I know they are canceling the serial numbers in batches, and I think it is an attempt to dampen the public perception. I am also pretty convinced they are doing it at other universities. I am going to organize a class-action lawsuit. This is theft, and coercion, of the highest order. The think they can force us to use Cloud, and pay them for eternity for the privilege, but stealing our property directly off our laptops.

Adobe is attacking their precious newbies, students, and recent graduates. They are harming the very people who would have supported them in future years, and they should be held accountable.

facebook.com/adobesteals

Please join us. We will only make waves in numbers. Get the word out.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

We regret the recent confusion regarding the Academy of Art University (AAU) and Adobe’s software term usage agreement for Adobe’s Creative Suite applications.

Under the current contract between AAU and Adobe, Creative Suite software licenses are valid for the period of enrollment at AAU only.

As a courtesy to recent Academy graduates and alumni, AAU is providing a license extension of Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) to students who attended AAU between May 1, 2012 and September 1, 2014, and received

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted both Adobe support and the Academy's help desk about this issue; Adobe told me that I needed to take it up with AAU, as they were the "point of purchase", but the university told me that it was Adobe who had cancelled our keys and that the problem should be brought to them. When I reached back out to Adobe support about the Academy's response, I was given the same exact line about contacting the point-of-purchase. Stop bouncing us all back and forth and just fix the problem! This is an Adobe issue, plain and simple, and it should be the company's responsibility to present everyone affected with an acceptable solution (and I don't mean offering us some cheap subscription to the crappy Creative Cloud suite).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly the acceptable solution is for both parties to honor the original agreement- not a compromise or settlement. They gave us CS6 and that is what we should have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word for word this is the response the academy of art gave me.

Hi Vincent,

Unfortunately, Adobe has dropped the CS6 keys that were issued to students and are no longer valid. This is Adobe's product and is beyond our control. If your Adobe CS6 key has expired, there is simply no further support that we can provide. We’ve received no information on any fix or replacements. 

Thank you,

@13& r.

ACADEMY of ART UNIVERSITY

Online Help Desk

** The 2014 Fall semester will begin on Thursday, September 4. **

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajshree,

I just wanted to draw your attention to this part of my license agreement which states the License Term is perpetual unless otherwise stated. It is never addressed again in the contract.

You have no right to make these keys obsolete. I am happy to send you the rest of the license agreement to prove so much.

Screen shot 2014-09-17 at 10.34.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am one of the students who has had my license revoked/expired. Please keep me informed of what you are doing about it, and when my license will be reinstated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was briefly posted on my AAU user page on the morning of Sept. 10. By the afternoon it was removed but not before I cut and pasted it:

Hello Academy of Art University Alumni,

We understand that some of you have been experiencing problems with your Adobe CS6 license key. Please note, we have confirmed with Adobe that your serial numbers were not supposed to expire. We are working diligently alongside our partners at Adobe to rectify the issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience,
  Academy of Art University Alumni Association

The fact that it was removed by the afternoon suggests "foul play", yes?

I sent an email to the online help link and have not had a response. I called the Alumni Association and the person that answered would not let me speak to anyone who would know anything about it. She just said she would get an answer and get back to me. She also said she did not know anything about the posting. This whole thing is getting more suspect each day it goes on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted your duplicate message... one time, in this message, tells everyone what you saw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What gives you the right to delete my discussions? That is my choice to post my information, duplicate or not. You are out of line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to other schools that upgraded to the cloud too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tagging this thread to follow it...

I graduated from AAU and got the expired serial thing a few days ago.  I was able to pester adobe on twitter to get a temporary key for at least one more year (So the service guy told me).

Hopefully somebody figures out a true solution to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat Nutrafin. I took to twitter and received a temporary key for 6 months, but No information was given about a solution or a renewal after the six months is up. My main fear is that Adobe conveniently forgets about us after the temporary key has also expired. All the time that I got my original adobe key there was never a notice about key's ever expiring. the entire experience is rather terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I liked your Facebook page and I'm trying to spread the word.  I sincerely hope this issue gets solved. I was on the phone and chatted with customer service and neither were willing to give me answers or willing to help me solve my problem. unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also experienced the same problem. I recently graduated from AAU and my key for CS6 has been removed. I need a new key for my work, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bassewen, I know it's not much but hopefully you can take comfort knowing that there are several of us continuing to attack this problem on multiple fronts, and I will try my best to keep everyone up-to-date on the happenings if I'm able to find out more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - One and only one warning to correct this issue for all AAU students immediately before this quickly becomes a PR nightmare for your company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rockin I have already contacted several media outlets. More tomorrow on that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this thread marked as Answered ?

This thread has clearly not been answered !

I have sent this thread link out to over 3,000 people over my social media sites. I am also seeking legal representation (which has been easy to find once the facts have been looked at) to see what can been done about this issue and I'm being told possibly a class action lawsuit.

Adobe, you only became popular because your clients made you so, when you forget that, people forget you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I do help? This needs to be resolved, by just giving all the students their keys back and then just moving on. Its that simple! Ill repost on facebook and twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise no one at Adobe can reasonably explain why thousands of licenses are expiring at different intervals. There is only one explaination - hostile theft to line their pockets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize about this issue and we’re working with the Academy of Art to resolve. We will update this forum thread when we have more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully SOONER rather than later... we ALL rely on our software that WE PAID FOR in order for us to continue our careers. It's pretty shitty and underhanded of Adobe to pull a stunt like this, and try forcing legal users of CS6 to upgrade to CC just so that they can lock us in to "recurring" revenue through continuous subscriptions. For a company like Adobe—which relies largely, if not solely, on the creative community as it's functional customer base—to pull a stunt like this and screw over a large number of creatives is just perplexing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure this is followed up on.

It has left many left many students and alumni in a terrible position.

Please inform ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize about this issue and we’re working with AAU now to resolve. We will update this forum thread when we have more information.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajshree, I sent you a private message. It is the most important message I have written since this began. It involves helping a single mother, whose only means to earn a living, has been taken away. I need you to reply - immediately. I can't sleep knowing this kind of pain has been induced by Adobe, and also knowing what you are capable of doing to fix it.

Thank you. I'll await your reply - tonight. It can not wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines