• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate Photoshop on a 3rd machine

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter wants to use Photoshop on her laptop for college. How do I activate it on a 3rd concurrent machine?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - you are not allowed to share a subscription http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

2 - you may activate on 2 computers and use on ONE at a time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes. I understand how the account works.

But what I am asking is how do we go about getting a third (and potentially 4th) machine on to the account (and hoping that Adobe has some way of accommodating the fact that this is for a student rather than professional use)?

BTW Does anyone know, do Adobe actually have a telephone number to call to discuss your account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you're talking about having more than one subscription plan associated with the same account. I'm not sure that's a good idea, since you and your daughter would need to use the same email and password to sign into the Adobe account and I don't know if the verification can handle multiple identical subscriptions for the same account.

Your best option is for her to have her own account and subscription. As long as she can provide evidence that she is a student, she'll be charged the student rate.

As for having the same subscription on more than 2 machines, this is sort of possible as long as you log out of the account on one machine before signing into it on a different one. You cannot have the same account active, that is, logged in to, on more than 2 machines at a time.

PHONE: You can search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know to have multiple licenses on a plan is through their licensing that is typically for businesses.  Adobe has student accounts that are much cheaper than the full commercial versions that are sold.  This may be an ideal solution for your daughter.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @default637vk4dn3xvc (parent),

@Ben M gave the you the best & most accurate answer.  Get a Student plan for your daughter. 

The last thing you want or need is a child accessing your Creative Cloud account and potentially deleting your important work files, preference settings, libraries, etc... from Creative Cloud storage.  This can happen when accounts are shared with inexperienced users.  We see such horror stories reported all the time in these communities.  This is the #1 reason why account sharing is not permitted and only one machine may be used at a time.

Student/Teacher Eligibility

Hope that helps clarify things.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, there is a student plan available for All Apps (about $20/month first year, rising to $30). There is no discount on Photoshop alone for students, which is only $10/month for everyone (Photography Plan).

If your daughter wants to run on 3 computers at the same time she needs 2 plans under two different Adobe IDs (both her own).  I emphasise that the only "this account" is your daughter's account. She must have her own. You cannot add extra users to your own account, nor in any way manage a child's account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines