Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated version

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There!

So I've been using an activated version of adobe illustrator just for personal purpose, and although I was just learning and testing out the software without earning money from it, I felt it's kind of illegal, so my question is, is ok to use this activated version (not cracked) just for personal purpose? and if not can I keep the projects that I built using it?

or if I can keep using it till I get a job I'll pay for that period of using it for free?

I hope you'll answer all of my questions?

Have a good day.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "an activated version". Is it someone else's license? That would be illegal.

Doing it correctly,  there's a trial period, and after that you must buy a license via subscription. Fundamentally, you can use the software in any way you like for as long as the trial lasts, and after that, for as long as you maintain a legal subscription. Whether you sell your work, give it away, or just enjoy it yourself has no bearing on the legality of using the software, provided you've licensed it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i maintain a legal subscription, can keep my old projects that I've built using the pre-activated version or I have to built them again , just for legality purpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay well I still don't really know what you mean by "pre-activated," but there are really no significant legal issues related the "build" of a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked you have an active subscription. So, you can keep them even after your subscription ends, but you won't be able to edit them. Also, you don't need to re-create them.

Could you please elaborate, "if I can keep using it till I get a job I'll pay for that period of using it for free?" so I can have a better understanding of it?

Note: It is illegal and not advisable to use pre-activated or cracked apps.

I hope it clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines