• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation count reset.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still possible to ask support for a activation count reset for Cs6? I got the installation limit error after reinstalling Cs6 due to a faulty motherboard and my other installation is on my laptop which has also hardware problems at the moment. 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your question, El. You can use the steps listed in https://adobe.ly/4cYDt0n to deactivate Creative Suite 6 on one of the previous computers where the software was installed.  

It is a self-service process for Creative Suite 6 in 2024, El. The only way to deactivate a previous installation is by choosing Help>Deactivate on a computer where the software is installed and activated.^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support will no longer reset an activation count
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/reactivate-older-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if I manage to de-activate the installation on my laptop, will I then be able to activate the new install on my pc or is there a risk to loose both and to loose Cs6 completely and for ever?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you "should" be able to activate, but if you have any doubts about the legality of your license, beware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My license is bought and legal and registered with Adobe, together with several other Adobe applications. But all are now considered as legacy I suppose as they are all from before the cloud era, like more then 10 years ago 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless purchased from adobe, it's never certain a license is legal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I remember, they where all bought from Adobe and never had licensing problems upon registration. When I tried to activate the recent install, I got a message that my serial was valid but that I had reached the max. allowed activations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you must deactivate from one of your two activated computers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop (second install) has some hardware issues too and if something goes wrong I loose both of my allowed installations, same thing if the transfer do get done successfully but the at some moment that pc has a hardware failure... Then I loose Cs6 completely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your options aren't great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines