I installed my CS 5.5 Production Premium yesterday on my computer. During the installation, they asked for the serial number, everything was fine and it was successfully installed from the 3 disks. But when I want to start a program, e.g. Premiere Pro, Photoshop or Illustrator, I get the window with the license agreement. I agree and move on to the next step where they ask me about my serial number. I put that in, it takes a while and I am right back at the license agreement page. I could go in circles like that forever, without any error message or so. Any ideas on how to fix that?
1. Disconnect your Mac completely from the internet
2. At the first start of CS6 with any app you will be asked if you want to try it for 30 days or register
3. If you have bought CS6 and have a serial number choose to register
[perhaps after that there was another window with an error message taht you have no internet acces - continue without internet)
4. This will take you to a window where you have to fill in your serial number
5. If you click "continue" you'll be informed that there is still no internet connection and asked if you want to activate offline
6. Thefollowing window has the option "I can't connect to the internet" [or similar] - click on that and re-connect with the internet afterwards
7. Next you need a request code [German: Anforderungscode - not sure what that is translated to English] to be generated. Get this code generated. and that leads you to a window where you will have to fill in the answering code later (point 10 here)
8. You will be taken to an offline activation website of Adobe where you fill in this "request code" [Anforderungscode] and also the CS6 serial number.
9. After you have done, you click on "generate answering code" [German: Antwortcode generieren]
10. Fill in the "answering code" and click continue
11. In my case this worked and I was told that CS6 now successfully got activated and is ready to use unlimited
Thank you. Unfortunately, this does not work. As soon as I am not connected to the internet and click on the license agreement, the window closes completely and disappears and nothing further happens. I can also repeat this process several times. I uninstalled the CS5.5 again, ran the cleaner program and re-installed it (Win 7, btw). Same thing keeps happening. Customer Support told me I have enough activations left, so that should not be the issue. It is just weird that I don't get any error message at all...
if it was an activation count issue, that would generate an error message.
i don't know what you should try from here,i can say you're supposed to be able to use cs5.5. cs2, cs3 and cs4 activation servers have been closed but cs5, cs5.5 and cs6 are supposedly still usable, though it's only a matter of time before they follow the path of cs2,3 and 4..