• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Limit Reached Acrobat XI: How to Deactivate a Computer I No Longer Have Access to.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation Limit Reached Acrobat XI: How to Deactivate a Computer I No Longer Have Access to.

After reinstalling Windows on my PC, I reinstalled Acrobat XI and then I received the following error message:

"The serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You must deactivate another computer to use Acrobat XI again on this computer".

A screen snip copy of the error message has been saved and attached to this post below.

Obviously, I cannot deactivate Acrobat XI on the old device since, as mentioned, my computer has been reset with Windows re-installed and I no longer have access to the previous installed copy of Acrobat XI.

When I login to my Adobe online account, I can download the software for the Acrobat XI product I purchased and registered, and I am able to see my serial number assigned to my purchase, but I am unable to deactivate previous devices on which my Acrobat XI product license was installed because no activated devices are listed in my account.

Therefore, while Adobe continues to track the devices on which the Acrobat XI product was installed, Adobe does not allow the user to remove any devices from their online account.

I contacted Adobe Assistant via online chat and after answering a few questions raised by the Virtual Assistant, I was put in contact with a Live Human Assistant, who informed me that the Acrobat 11 license is no longer supported by Adobe. The assistant then kindly proceeded to market the Acrobat Pro DC subscription plan.

I asked the Adobe Assistant how I could deactivate a device in order to continue using the Acrobat XI license I purchased.

The Adobe Assistant suggested that I login to the Adobe Support Community site and raise the concern regarding this Activation Limit issue and he noted that the Adobe dedicated team will contact me.

It seems like a roundabout way of resolving the issue, nevertheless, I have followed the assistant’s recommendation and now here I have raised the concernin this post, as instructed.

I understand that the subscription business model produces recurring revenues and higher profits for Adobe, a great corporation no doubt. However, is the strategy to disallow customers from using products they have purchased in the past, questionable? I realize that Adobe no longer provides updates for Acrobat XI because it is an old product, but should I be disallowed from using the old copy I purchased as I don’t need any updates and am satisfied with my original purchase as is?

I would greatly appreciate that the Adobe dedicated team contact me, as stated by the Adobe assistant, and resolve the issue described above.

Thank you.

Screen snip copy of the error message shown here:

Acrobat XI Serial Number Error Message.jpeg

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

The suggestion you noted in the above-mentioned community discussion worked successfully to resolve my issue as well.

I contacted support via Adobe Virtual Assistant chat. I asked the human agent to please reset the activation count for my registered product. The agent did so and confirmed the activation count was now reset and she asked me to check that the issue was resolved. I opened Acrobat XI and in the error message popup I selected the option “Retry activation. I have already deactivated one of my other computers” and clicked the “Continue” button. This seems to have worked now as the error message is not reappearing and I have access to my purchased registered Acrobat XI once again.

Thank you. Much appreciated John.

FYI, the adobe agent offered a promotional offer of Acrobat Pro of USD 9.99/month for 12 months with free 3 months as a goodwill gesture. This seemed quite good. Nevertheless, I chose to stick with my Acrobat XI license for now as it meets my needs, despite being a much older product. I may take them up on the promotional offer later, assuming it’s still available, but only if my needs change as I don’t see much point in paying recurring fees for something I don’t really need right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Adobe Assistant suggested that I login to the Adobe Support Community site and raise the concern regarding this Activation Limit issue and he noted that the Adobe dedicated team will contact me." This is unfortunately a LIE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, indeed. No Adobe Dedicated Team contacted me, unless the Agent was referring to John T Smith Adobe Community Professional since his suggestion post noted above helped to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will not contact you, but a scammer might

Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noted. I contacted support via Adobe Virtual Assistant chat in my Adobe Online Account which seems to be secure. No email communication was neccessary to resolve the issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines