• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of a bought product [CS3 is a dead product]

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a serial number for the CS3 I bought some time ago. I am now told that this is 'no longer supported', and that I must subscribe to another service. I wish simply to use the product I bought. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use your cs3 for 30 days on any compatible computer.  after that period it needs to be activated and that's no longer possible.  there's no work-around and no hack.

you can install cs3 on another compatible computer after 30 days and have another 30 day period when it can be used.  you can reformat the hard drive of any compatible computer, reinstall a compatible os and then install your cs 3 and have another 30 days. you can repeat ad infinitum and use your cs3 in perpetuity.

i don't think that's practical, but that's the most you can do to use cs2, cs3 and cs4.  as of today, cs5, cs5.5 and cs6 can still be activated on compatible computers and run beyond that 30 day trial period.  it's not clear for how long cs5 to cs6 activation will be possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two Elements programs are a one time purchase, not a subscription

http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith did you post that to the wrong thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... original person was not happy about having to buy a subscription instead of a serial number program... I simply posted an option, since the OP did not say which CS3 program(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

neither elements programs were part of any cs suite.  acrobat was part of cs and, with difficulty, is still purchasable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines