• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation with a serial - Is it okay?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. So, I have an Adobe CS4 Design Premium installer (No, I didn't torrent it, I got it from ProDesign Tools) And I do have a working serial. Before I activate it however, I want to know. Is it legal to activate CS4 to CS5.5 with serials? Why I ask this is because I see that only CS-CS3 have been discontinued. So is it allowed?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

As I understand it, if you have a legal serial number, Adobe will just activate the software. If it is pirated or if the serial number is an illegally resold OEM number, Adobe will eventually catch on and deactivate the software but will not take any other action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Activation Servers for CS4 through CS6 still exist and as long as your serial number is valid (and it should be given where you acquired it), you should be able to activate with no issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, my serial works, I'm more concerned if Adobe will take legal action on me if the servers are still up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like, is it okay to activate it with a serial if it's still supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, if you have a legal serial number, Adobe will just activate the software. If it is pirated or if the serial number is an illegally resold OEM number, Adobe will eventually catch on and deactivate the software but will not take any other action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS2 needs to be activaed.  Since they don't activated by phone, how can I activate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A patch, or a crack is basically a file you'd paste into Photoshop in order to activate. Now under normal circumstances, these are ill advised, and illegal. HOWEVER, because this is a dead program that isn't sold publicly anymore, Adobe wouldn't really care. CS, CS2, and CS3 are dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CANNOT activate CS2.  The activation servers are gone forever.

Buy a Creative Cloud subscription instead.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is it legal to activate CS4 to CS5.5 with serials? "

YES, when you own a legitimate license.

CS1, CS2, and CS3 are dead.  Those activation servers don't exist anymore.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines