• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional - how to reregister? [LOCKED: TOS Violation]

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now that Adobe has apparently shut down its registration server for Acrobat 8, how am I supposed to use the software I purchased with a perpetual license?  Save me the speech about how old it is.  I just want to use my software that I purchased.  How do I do that?  Adobe refuses to talk to me on the phone, and says I have to post in the forums.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... nobody here can help... if you did not download the special non-activation version when it was available, there is no way to use the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't Adobe resend me the special non-activation version?  I mean, I paid for the software and I realize it is old but it does what I need it to do.  How can Adobe refuse to allow me to use the software I purchased if I want to use old software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending people to the forums is Adobe support’s way of closing the call. There is no way we could actually help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Why can't Adobe resend me the special non-activation version?

CS2 + CS3 are GONE, there is nothing to send

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it hard to believe a company like Adobe does not still have legacy copies of its software available.  I understand it wants its users to buy the new software (and REALLY wants its users to buy an annual license so that it can keep charging every year) but it sold a perpetual license for one computer and that's what I want to continue to use.  This is like Ford coming and reposessing my car because it wants me to buy a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a bit closer to you still have the car, but you can't start it anymore and the manufacturer no longer makes or stocks the part needed to fix it so it will start. YMMV.

Personally, I'm not happy with the progression on the part of Adobe and so many other companies from providing software as a product to making it software as a service, but if you ever read the EULA for nearly any piece of software, you'll discover you never actually owned the product, you only had a license to use it. And Adobe just legally revoked the use license for a lot of old programs that they haven't made money on in years. It's easy to understand why they'd do it, but it doesn't make things any easier for people who bought what they thought was a permanent use of the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe's legal department needs to explain to the executives what a perpetual license means before some class action lawyer does it for them.  Just to let Adobe's customers know how bad a company this is, I got a private message from someone at Adobe telling me to take this discussion off line.  The person said he would help me and then strung me along only to eventually give me a hard sell on a new version of Acrobat.  No thank you!  If I need to buy another piece of PDF software I will buy FoxIt Phantom.  I will not do any more business with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they were from Adobe? There are quite a few scammers on these forums who are passing themselves off as Adobe employees in order to con you into buying something from them.

I am not a lawyer, so I am not qualified to respond to the rest of your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>private message from someone at Adobe

beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/avoid-phishing-3-easy-ways-to-identify-adobe-staff/td-...

Please post the user ID of that supposed Adobe employee... if that was a scammer, your report here will help get them banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the e-mail of the person who PM'd me: Adobecare  @outlook.com (with the two spaces).

The username is Adobe_Dave_Duff.  I see now that I was conned.  I guess when Adobe itself refuses to provide any customer service and refers customers to its forum it is complicit in the scammers taking advantage of the vacuum left from the lack of customer support.  Yet another reason to go far away from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Robert

I have the same problems. Is there a class action law suit I can join?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am locking this discussion for violating the terms of service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines