• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Activation Device Error/Bug

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have only 1 computer with the Adobe apps installed for use, and my account permits 3. However, Adobe has an error or bug because it's storing instances of the same computer. And ironically, the devices are identified identically with my computer name. It seems to happen when Windows 10 has been updated. It's annoying but doesn't seem to affect my use. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have a team or enterprise account?  (individual accounts only allow 2 concurrent activations.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, my bad 2 devices, the 3rd was an attempt/suspended until at least 1 was deactivated. Still... same issue. It was/is logging COMPUTER NAME last used 4 Months Ago; then identical COMPUTER NAME last used 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your account, https://account.adobe.com  and click plans > manage plans and scroll to the bottom.

deactivate each listed device on the web page.

on your computers, open you cc desktop app and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, it's NOT identifying my computer as one already activated and it should. It's a significant error/bug. The first time it occurred (a few months ago), I simply deactivated ONE of the listed devices (all identical names of my current computer name). The 2nd time it occurred (maybe a month ago or so), I deactivated ALL the listed devices (which were all the same device) thinking that it would resolve. And this 3rd time, it happened again after a Windows update. Wonder if it's a cache issue somewhere... but I'm just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you follow the suggestion above, and if so, is there a current problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, but the problem won't arise until there's another Windows update. So whenever that happens, I'll follow up. Here's to hopin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see.  well, if a windows update triggers the problem again, i'd just reset the activated computers in your adobe account.

i understand it would be preferable to prevent the problem instead of repeatedly repairing after the problem, but i don't know how to prevent the problem other than a clean reinstall of your os (and that seems more trouble than it's worth, unless you're having non-adobe related problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's annoying on my end, but not a big deal. However, adobe programmers should really fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, today May 17, 2021, I cannot stay logged in. Adobe keeps kicking me out. You all have major, major login problems. What's going on?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed directions you gave, and again, it is ADDING INSTANCES OF THE SAME COMPUTER that should be shown as activated. When I go to login with the desktop app, it just sits and spins. Today I noticed my same computer with a date of May 15, 2021 and May 17, 2021, and a very old--previously deactivated mac computer I had previous. I deactivated all but today's. This is growing into a problematic thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1621296043318.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had 2 techs at 2 different times supposedly fix this problem. IT IS NOT FIXED AND CONTINUES. The fix is temporary. After a restart and a couple of days we loop around again with the same issue: the Adobe desktop app accepts the login/pwd and functions normally. But the individual apps on the desktop will accept the login momentarily (about 5-10 seconds) and then closes and reverts BACK to login, which is a perpetual loop. I don't understand why this isn't fixable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you could try resetting the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines