• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application manager

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've just upgraded my Imac to most recent OS Monterey.

The Adobe Application Manager does not work anymore.
I get this message: This app needs to be updated by the developer to work with this version of macOS. Please contact the developer for more information.

Isn't this app not yet working with this new OS?
Thanks for helping me out.
Rik Vercruysse

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Application Manager is no longer used with any supported version of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm going round in circles & hope someone can help. I have CS5.5 which used to run on my 2010 17" Macbookpro running OS High Sierra until recently - now only Photoshop will open & run. I am trying to reinstall from discs but Adobe Application Manager continualy crashes. All Adobe can offer is to sell me CS6 as they have whiped their hands of  CS5.5 & no longer seem offer any sensible support.

Many thanks

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>All Adobe can offer is to sell me CS6

NO!!! CS6 is no longer sold... whoever is offering you that version is a scammer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming your mention of cs6 is a typo and you meant a current cc subscription, 

only after securing your serial number:

uninstall everything cs5.5

clean per, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer

reinstall cs5.5

activate with your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support lasts 5 years from release. So CS5.5 support ended 7 years ago, CS6 support ended 6 years ago. I agree and emphasise: if anyone is actually offering to sell you CS6 they are a criminal pretending to be Adobe - I hope you didn't give them a credit card or access to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offer of CS6 actually came from Adobe themselves but at the bargan price of CS 6 Illustrator & Photoshop CS 6 For 1 Mac will be after all the discounts US$349.99 but revised to US$199.99 after declining! I don't want to do a total CS uninstall as Photoshop actually works - the main issue is Adobe Application Manager not opening up. I can't believe that Adobe cannot come up with a fix for installing from original discs - I'm still awaiting a soloution from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say again THIS IS A FAKE. They may have said they were Adobe but they are instead CRIMINALS who really want your credit card number and will do a whole lot more.  Since this isn't Adobe, and you are convinced that they are  Adobe, please tell us how you found them and contacted them.  These criminals will tell you all sorts of lies, to convince you to give you the card number.

Adobe themselves will not "come up with a fix". SUPPORT IS FINISHED. Gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ronf24029555, you are prime material to get cheated by someone impersonating adobe. again.

ie, you haven't been dealing with adobe unless you contacted them via one of the 3 recognized ways.  and certainly you have not been dealing with adobe in the past several years, if it's regarding cs6, unless they told you, no support. post on the forums. good bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a legit offer, it is a scammer. Adobe no longer sells CS6 and does not contact people offering to sell them anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mightily confused as went through the adobe site via my acount & was contacted from <removed dead link-kglad>.

In any event I have no intention of purchasing CS anything from anyone.

I cannot get my head around the fact that I cannot reload my Creative Suite 5.5  Design Premium from Adobe discs. Adobe tell me they no longer support CS5.5 or 6 but surely reinstalling from discs should work!  As you can see from the screeshots it loads up then Application Manager crashes. I've even gone the drop install into Terminal route but still crashes. Any help from anyone out in Adobe land will be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ronf24029555 

to start, you need a compatible (32 bit) os.  what's yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using High Sierra 10.13.6 on a 2010 17" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz Core i5. I also have a Macmini i5 also running High Sierra that runs CS5.5 perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your os does support 32 bit apps, but the last mac cs 5.5 was designed to install and run on was 10.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bummer! It was probably originally installed on 10.6 them OS upgraded through Mavericks/El Capitan/Sierra/High Sierra and kept on running through the years. I'm kind of loath to back grade my Mac & start again presuming pple will even let me so I guess I'll stick as I am.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. and i didn't intend to imply that all was hopeless.

you may just need to work harder to get  5.5 to work on your os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, hopefully Adobe will come back to me with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is no longer supporting those older versions so you will probably need to find a solution, if one exists, online somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe's not going to help. non-current (+one prior) versions aren't supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Apple and Microsoft have made huge changes to their operating systems in recent years and in doing so, a lot of older software no longer works. Yes its tough to stomach buying the latest version but unfortunately the only viable way to guarantee that older software works is to keep an older computer around and not update anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines