Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe apps on iMac m1 chip

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just got my iMac m1. But I can't install the Adobe programs on my computer without installing Rosetta. It keeps popping up, even with Spotify it says i have to install Rosetta. My collegae also has the same iMac, and he didn't have any problems with installing Adobe on Big Surr 11.5.2. Can somebody please help me? I also have Big Surr 11.5.2.  

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Bianca5E13, I am sorry, but many of our applications are universal apps and require that Rosetta be installed.  Is there a specific reason you are avoiding installing Rosetta?  For more information, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bianca5E13, I am sorry, but many of our applications are universal apps and require that Rosetta be installed.  Is there a specific reason you are avoiding installing Rosetta?  For more information, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it. Well I thought it will have consequenses for running the programms to full power, like it will not work fully 100%. But if I understand correctly, that isnt the case? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay never mind, I was fully misunderstanding. I thought I had to update my MacOs system. But I understand now. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, Bianca, installing Rosetta only allows additional compatibility with older applications.  Per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861 Universal apps will still default to running the Apple Silicon version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines