• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition 3.0 [Audition 3 / CS2 are dead]

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Audition 3.0 keeps crashing...where do I go to re-install with my #serial number?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi David,

I was under the impression that the activation servers for Auditoion 3.0 were shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Peru Bob is correct. Even if you find an installer, you can't activate it. The aging Audition 3 & CS2 activation servers were retired years ago.  Unfortunately, there is no way to reinstall your legacy software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JeffreyOD4D,

If you purchased directly from Adobe you may be able to download the installer from your Order History as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I was under the impression that the activation servers for Auditoion 3.0 were shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob is correct. Even if you find an installer, you can't activate it. The aging Audition 3 & CS2 activation servers were retired years ago.  Unfortunately, there is no way to reinstall your legacy software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My install worked fine until last month (December 2021), then it started becoming unstable.  It performes some functions but crashes often (too often to let me do any useful work).

The behavior is one of instability, not inability to install or register.  In fact I initially thought it was some incompatibility with Windows 11, so I re-installed on a Win 10 machine with the same behavior.  I became suspicious that some kind of kill-switch was at play.  I uninstalled, reset my system date back to 2021, and re-installed.  Audition let process a couple of files but then started to misbehave again.

I doubt Adobe would ever fess up to this, but what I experience is very consistent with a kill switch.

I'm now left in a lurch looking for a replacement for a perfectly functional piece of software.  Adobe, you're not making friends here.  The functions for cleaning background noise and clicks/pops have (last I checked) no equivalent, even within Adobe's own replacement product - the online version of Audition.  Major bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion specifically relates to Audition 3.0 (released 2007).

Is that the version you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was/am? using Audition 3.0.  I used to use CoolEdit and moved to Audition when Adobe acquired it.  I kept upgrading until 3.0 was the end of the road for the desktop program.  I have an install EXE, registration name and key for Audition 3.0.  I like the UI of Audition 3.0.  I use its noise reducing as well as click/pop elimination routinely both to clean up recordings of old LPs I have as well as "home" recording of my wife's chamber ensemble (removing the inevitable low-level hum as well as audience noise).

Then came 2022 - I'm not sure when exactly the change happen but in the Fallof 2021 I was able to use Audition to clean up tracks  - in fact in doing so I uncovered an unusual artifact, see more below - and when I resumed after the holidays, the system (no other changes - I even reverted Microsoft Win 10 updates to make sure) started being unstable,  I open a set of tracks,make a change to a track - sometimes just deleting a time span - or saving a track and the system loskc up (unresponsive) or plain unloads.  Sometimes it seems to save my work, but then becomes unresponsive when I try and close the track.

I have tried the following (and more):

* Re-installed on the same machine, same configuration

* Re-installed on the same after reverting each of the latest MS updates (one at a time) - this machine still runes Win 10.

* Installed on Win 11

* Changed the date/time on the Win 11 machine to Jan 21st 2021

* Obvisouly rebooted numerous times

Nothing changes the behavior.  When I switched to Win 11, I was able to modify about 5 tracks before the behavior re-appeared.

Frankly, I'm not a "power-user"; just a guy who tries to keeps recordings of his wife's music and our LP/CD collection for easy listining in the car and home.  I know there are "professional" software suites out there that probably do much better - at a price - but I was hoping i'd be able to keep using the software I know - which does just what I need - w/o having to go and learn a new UI/set of controls, etc.

Please tell me there is a solution to my problem, short of migrating to a new software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note - when I say "am?" I mean for how long?  I'd love to keep using it, but right now 30s to 1.5min is not enough of the UI being up is not enough for my work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,  I'm so flustered I didn't even thank you for stepping in and responding to my post.  So plase accept my apologies for this.  I much appreciate the fact that you took the time to reach out!

Audition has been my go-to program for many years and having it seemingly disappear is a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thread from two years ago suggests that there used to be a version that could be downloaded with a "universal" serial number after the activation servers shut down so as not to screw over purchasers that might be found on webwayback or somewhere else, so you could try to find that.   It was removed for legal issues that couldn't be discussed, which I'm guessing were related to the Dolby AC3 encoder that Adobe used to ship with everything and stopped licensing from Dolby.

Killing the ability to reactivate perpetual licenses for old software that you paid for also releases you from terms in the EULA preventing circumvention of licensing / copy protection.  Such is specifically allowed under the copyright law of most countries for this exact situation.  That's all I'll say about that.

That said, it's less likely a kill switch and more likely an update other than a Windows-related one.   Have any video / sound / mouse / etc drivers been updated in the meantime?  Is there any possibility that whatever you're using for a scratch disk has developed errors?  Those are probably what I'd be looking into rather than Windows updates. 

My take from using it semi-regularly is that Audition is barely improved upon from year to year so it sees the least gain from the CC model in terms of getting any kind of useful new features or updates.  It's still almost entirely single-threaded, takes almost a minute to load an 8GB PCM file from an NVMe with 1.7GB/s read speed, and behaves generally worse than I remember Cool Edit Pro being for identical tasks (including loading large files) despite the 6 generations of vector instructions added to processors, the switch to 64-bit, the 3.8GHz single core clock increase, the switch to solid state drives instead of 15k SCSI, and a 15x increase in my system's ram since I used that program.

I'd strongly recommend finding another company that does better at audio software and buying a perpetual license of that before buying CC just for Audition, if that's the only software you're using.    Relearning something is better than paying $240 a year for a single cloud program.  The often-updated programs like photoshop, lightroom, the video editing software, AI, etc are the things that make a full CC subscription worth it, and the only good bundle deal I'm aware of is the photography one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I meant a ~1250x increase in RAM.   I doubt that 2GB would suffice for the huge mess of stuff Adobe CC runs in the background let alone running any of the full programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The hard copy of Audition 3 is installable with a fully working daw. Copy the .MST .INI and .cfg file from the non activating version into the folder of the hard copy and use your key to install not the key for the new one the hard copy. A fully working Audition 3 and it is not a trial. adobe act.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines