• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe can't improve because there's no competition

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a question. I have used Illustrator and Photoshop on desktop for 20 years.

Ever since Creative Cloud, the apps take FOREVER to open in the morning. 

We pay so much to Adobe. I use music apps that are much heavier, but cheaper, and open right away. 

I have gone through hours of people giving me step-by-step instructions and nothing makes it improve. I think what they are doing is making sure we connect to their server - which is not something I need. At all.

The crazy thing is that I don't do anything in these apps that didn't exist 20 years ago. 

I'm paying $50/month FOREVER, for apps that don't really evolve (just throwing on new services I don't want), and the slow load never goes away, update after update.... 

And yet, to keep my clients, I have to keep going. Feels like a sham.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

these are user forums. you can address adobe for some things using:

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

how long does it take, eg for ps to load?  is it installed on an ssd?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, if you are actually reading this, fix the the slow load. Before you do anything else. Fix that. Just that. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user forums. you can address adobe for some things using:

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

how long does it take, eg for ps to load?  is it installed on an ssd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll make suggestions to Adobe elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FastRiver 

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you do but for me Photoshop is NOTHING like it was 20 years ago.  Content aware, spot healing, quick selection, layer masks, background replacement, etc...  These tools are invaluable. I could never go back to how things were.

If you can't justify the cost for pro-level software, then switch to consumer level PS Elements.   It lacks all the bells & whistles in Photoshop CC but it might be all you need.

Photoshop Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month).

• Adobe Express app (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (video editing on desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + hosting
  • 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're kind to answer. Thank you.
I use Illustrator as much as Photoshop however.
All the packages includes lots of things with flashy names that I'm sure someone would want. And I understand that the business model is to offer more and more hosting and storage and lots of smaller apps for mobile. Of course every company wants the never-ending subscription model. The public is going broke on subscriptions. I just don't want any of that.
I want to use Illustrator and Photoshop, offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand the justification for a subscription model if I wanted hosting and storage. But without those things, there's no justification for the subscription. I understand paying $50 for an update once a year. But paying $50/month forever — when I don't use the hosting and storage... there's no justification for it. It's purely a cash grab. $600/year — for minimal improvements. 

Let's face it - Adobe is a monopoly. The industry share is so big, that you have to use their products in the graphic design world. I've never, once, had a client using any other company's product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines