• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC apps and MacOS Catalina (What's broken? What's not?)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone installed the Beta 1 of MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) and tried to use Creative Cloud applications?

If so, which Creative Cloud applications/features work and which ones do not?

Please note: this is not a question about Adobe Creative Cloud support of MacOS 10.15 Catalina (which is distinctly different from whether or not applications or features work).

This is also not a criticism of the Adobe teams; even with early access to new versions of MacOS (which the Adobe dev teams may not have), compatibility updates take a long time.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Thank you, everyone, for your interest in 64-bit support for Adobe applications that are included with a Creative Cloud membership.  Since this discussion was last active additional information has become available. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html for important information both before and after upgrading to macOS 10.15 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issues.... have you found a solution to this problem? Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS 10.15 Beta (19A512f)

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 9.49.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, people, I don't know about you but Lightroom 5.7.1 works just fine on my Catalina beta 3. Yes, from the time before Classic, when Lightroom was just Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Updated to 10.14.6 (18G87) and Lightroom struggles to use more than one core. Normally HDR or merging will see the app using several 100% of CPU usage. But now its capped at 100%, sometimes 100.9%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello since this morning I have an error message when I tried to open photoshop saying that my disk is full .... I have 60go+ free on my HD ... I m running latest version of Mojave

any solutions ?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only choice is to use cmd+option and to use one if my external SSD as disk .... not very convenient 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Catalina since day 1. I mainly use Premiere, Audition, Photoshop and Media Encoder. The main issues I've seen are crashes in Premiere almost every time I move text. Other than that, pretty stable. File-related functions seems to trip up every app which isn't surprising since Apple is tightening down file access. So exporting a project from Premiere to Audition to edit audio fails to open. You can manually work around that by trying it, having it file and opening the Audition project yourself. Exporting from Audition to Premiere also fails, but you can try it, have it fail and bring in the finished audio manually. I've had a couple of problems opening files in Photoshop, but I usually get it on the second try. So it's been a bumpy road, but I've still been able to use the apps. I have sent multiple crash reports in so the devs can figure out what's happening, but they are pretty consistent issues so I assume everyone is seeing them and just a matter of time before we get an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have beta 7 right now non of the apps work for me. I'm using adobe illustrator cc2015 , Same photoshop and Indesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Was wondering if I should install and this is definitely a reason not to. Thanks for looking out. Curious if that's what's happening for all folks running Beta 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not work at all: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2649220

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! which photoshop & illustrator version will work for catalina? didn't forsee this.....shouldnt have updated so quickly. thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just upgraded to the final version of the Catalina OS.  I can not open Adobe Bridge.  Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Bridge? Only the current CC version is supported on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the launch version of OS Catalina (10.15) and am having issues with CS Illustrator: the Save As and Export functions are not working, either when using key commands or the drop-down menu. I have re-started the system and also Creative Suite w/out success. These are key commands for Illustrator, so am hoping a fix is coming ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old Creative Suite versions won't work on Catalina, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any workaround? I have two versions of audition in the suite, 10.1 and 12.1, what a nightmare. Possible to upgrade Adobe in a quick manner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started to install Catalina upgrade and got the message that my Adobe CC will NOT work with OS10.15.  I stopped the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My install went without an issue but I have a self inflicted issue with Bridge, the first time I opened Bridge following the upgrade I had several messages asking me to allow Adobe access to my Documents etc, to ensure that the upgrade was working I declined the offer, now when trying to use Bridge my Document folder has a downward pointing arrow on the folder icon and nothing shows in the preview panel, is there any way to now give Adobe permission to access my Document folder so I can continue using Bridge as my image file browser. Apologies for hijacking your thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adode Cloud Libraries have lost all connections with the original files. Which is a complete disaster for my work flow.

david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a couple of system restarts thankfully resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything specifically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it take more than 2 reboots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone get Audition to work in Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines