• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC taking up 1.2GB data on C Drive

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is my C Drive is small and full which blocks updates. Using Treesize, the Adobe folder is a big chunk of it. How do I change this? I have more space on other drives. For some reason Animate alone is using a large chunk of space despite me barely using it after installation.

Fastertrack_0-1641206740259.png

Fastertrack_1-1641206808384.png

Blue=space used

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, you can't change the location of those files (and expect the corresponding programs to work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith that won't change the location of the files the op is showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft set up the %appdata% folder there, Adobe just use it. 1GB is next to nothing, it can easily be hundreds of GB eg for video cache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not manually change the location of temporary files when you use a program (every program) they will use the default settings and put all temporary files in the default location

I don't use Animate but I do edit video... and I set my temporary files to a drive and folder of MY choice when I open the program and start a new project, not the default setting in the program I am using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much available Hard Disk space do you have?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

118GB. It's small as SSD and intended to only be used for system files with user files being on other (1TB) drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound a viable way to work. But still, what is the actual folder here for these files? It looks as if it is %appdata% and these are USER FILES. So if so, it isn't set up according to your wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would move everything but the OS over to the other drive if I could *shrugs*. Windows OS and a lot of applications aren't designed to take into account the possibility of multiple hard drives being an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Running with a boot drive too small is really not viable. If you only have a tiny SSD with a large real disk, it needs to be a data disk, used for carefully selected temporary and permanent files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the intent. I didn't put any user files (documents etc.) on C, but software has other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, those are not user files and cannot be changed.  they are all adobe configuration files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For such expensive and high-end software you'd really think Adobe would allow for this kind of hard drive config. Seems short-sighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's always been "untidy" about the files they add to a user's system.  it's never been clear to me how much of the apparent sloppiness is accidental and how much is intentional (done to protect against pirating).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the off chance that you don't physically change the area of impermanent records when you utilize a program (each program) they will involve the settings and put all transitory documents in the default area

I don't utilize Animate however I really do alter video... what's more I set my impermanent documents to a drive and organizer of MY decision when I open the program and start another undertaking, not the default setting in the program I am utilizing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those are not "impermanent" records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

118GB. It's small as SSD and intended to only be used for system files with user files of php being on other (1TB) drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The C Drive is very small (just 118GB) whereas other drives have more space. I cannot afford to save anything onto there if possible. With the system files and defaults it's already using 51.1GB of the capacity and I know CC will fill it up with files in seconds. How do I redirect all files to be saved to another drive? It's a pain and a half this, I had to reset the computer just to get it cleared which caused a lot of problems. For such expensive professional software it seems very short-sighted that Adobe doesn't allow for this scenario since there are multiple computer brands that have the small C large D arrangement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines