Adobe Cloud Cleaner Tool does not work to uninstall any Adobe CS product

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously posted that Photoshop CS6 crashed on lauch. I was unable to uninstall Photoshop CS6  (or CS4, CS5.5 and CS6) using the uninstall feature in Photoshop. I downloaded Adobe Cloud Cleaner, but it hangs on lauch and has to be force quit.  Just got off the phone with Apple support. They're recommending making a copy of my files to a preipheral hard drive, erasing the  Mac drive and  doing a clean install from Time Machine. 

Suggestions? Other than buying a new MAC.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time Machine doesn't work properly for Adobe applications.  You will need to do proper installation using your serial number.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop CS6 won't open. Everything else works fine. I tried to uninstall using the uninstall feature on the computer. When that didn't work, tried to uninstall using the original DVDs. And that doesn't work. I can't uninstall or reinstall any of the Adobe products, though it only Photoshop CS6 I need to work. 

The error message I am getting when trying to uninstall is: 

"Uninstall failed

Your uninstallation encountered errors. 
Troubleshooting tips:

1. Restart computer (did that, in safe mode and resetting PRAM)

2. Exit all applications including startup items, virus checking and firewall software. (Did that).

3. Uninstall again. (Did that). 

You may also download & run the Cleaner Tool. (Did that--hangs on launch). If the problems persist, please contact Customer Support for further assistance." (Last hope).

I have all my original Adobe DVDs back to CS2 with every original serial number and I cannot uninstall or install even using the DVDs.  Nothing works! I purposefully never updated from High Sierra 10.13.6 so I could use my scanners, drives and CS6 to access publications dating back to 1994.  

Apple is saying I have to copy everything (not using Time Machine), then reformat the drive.

I have a Time Machine backup and thought maybe I could just copy the working Photoshop folder from a year ago over the old folder on the hard drive.  Apple said to additionally copy (in addition to the Time Machine back up) everything by dragging every file to a peripheral drive, then reformat the MacBook Pro drive and reinstall the original Adobe applications. I don't even know if that is going to work given the across the board failure of any of my Adobe products to uninstall or reinstall using the available in-app features or the original DVDs. 

Even if I used the Adobe Cloud which I can't, because of rural hi-speed internet bandwidth limits, I wouldn't be able uninstall or reinstall any of my Adobe products.

Most of rural USA, outside of urban areas and suburbs, is still using hi-speed internet with a monthly bandwidth limitation. That means that one update of Adobe Acrobat (940mb) will wipe out your monthly allotment and you drop down to slower than dialup speed. Using CS6 we can still copy our files on disks and FedEx them with a print out of the book to our printer in Michigan. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines