• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud installation failure

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my last day of the Adobe Creative Cloud trial and I have yet to use the product. 

This adventure began two weeks ago trying to troubleshoot a CS6 Photoshop launch glitch on my MacBook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.6, 2.66 gHz I7, 8gb ram.  My CS6 Phtoshop would launch then quit. Even with the original  CS6, I could not uninstall or reinstall Photoshop or any of the CS6 apps. I tried the Adobe cloud cleaner tool and received the same error. I tried every troubleshooting option offered on the Adobe website with no success.

So, I subscribed to the Adobe Cloud and almost fourteen days later, have not been able to use the product.  To begin with, the CC files were so large, I had to go off site to a commercial broadband office hub running 150 mbs download speed to download Photoshop.  After that, I made over 40 calls to Adobe support for help.  It wasnt until last, yesterday, one day away from the end of my trial, that a support agent noticed that the Adobe Creative Cloud app was never downloaded to my MAC. 

Adobe support  did proved older versions of InDesign and Photoshop,  but they wouldn't run, as discovered yesterday, because the Creative Suite app was never installed. For the CS versions, Adobe  always sent a DVD upon request, because of my  slow 1.7 mbs download and 0.52 mbs upload speeds. I wih they still offered a DVD option. As of yesterday, neither CC or any of my CS6, 5.5 or 4 apps open. With the help fo support, I got the Creative Cloud app loaded, but there is an issue with read-write premissions on a temp file (he didn't specify which temp file) and according to Adobe, only Apple support can unlock that file. It would have been helpful to know which temp file. 

Luckily, I kept my old G4 tower that powers on faster than my MacBook Pro, runs 10.14.1 and a full version of CS 2 and CS4.  I have a 2020 Toshiba 16GB, i7 512 SSD running Photoshop, but my Chi-weenie chewed the power cord. A week later, am still awaiting a new power cord from Amazon.  A new M1 chip 32GB ram MacBook Pro is on order, but Apple is so backlogged that it won't deliver until April 28.  I checked out the MSI GS66, but it's the same price as the MacBook Pro and their phone support is not very good, per  Laptop mag. 

I love my mid-2010 i7 MacBook Pro so much, that I waited way too long to update the computer and am now paying the price.  Any thoughts on your favorite computer for running Creative Cloud under $4000 would be helpful. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm a big fan of puget systems computers (Puget Systems | America's Custom Workstation Leader), but they are pc computers.  i looked at their standard computers but ended up sending an email telling them exactly what i wanted (very quiet, able to easily use animate, photoshop and acrobat, and able to piggyback an old hard drive drive and reuse a graphics card i'd just purchased for my previous computer so i could easily move data and installation files from my old computer), and they were amazingly responsive.  after a few emails i received my computer and could not be happier.  

they did everything i wanted including having that hard drive connection ready to use.  and their packing was amazing.  that was ~1.5 years ago and this computer is still running great (and silently) for about $2500.

however, if you're in love with mac computers, you should go that route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines