Adobe Creative Suite CS6 on Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will my Adobe Creative Suite CS6 work on Windows 11? It works well now on Windows 10.

TotoroCat
TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 isn't officially compatible with newer operating systems. But...

... when it worked with Windows 10 I think it should be working with Windows 11.

Try to install it and check. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clock is ticking. Try it and report back.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe software can be expected to work on Windows 11 yet. Current or old. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed CS6 on my brand new computer with Windows 11 OS. The Adobe Acrobat Pro and inDesign seems to work just fine, but when I open Illustrator or Photoshop, the programs open up into a shrunk down version. I can barely read the icons in the program. Don't know what's going on...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you now gotten Photoshop CS6 to work correctly? Are you having any problems?
I need to decide if I am going to Windows 11, and I await your response.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved. I would stick with Window 10 if possible.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying it out, defaultpbt4imw06tq3, and reporting it here. I've been delaying the Windows 11 upgrade and it looks like I'll have to delay it as long as possible as Photoshop and Illustrator are the two most important parts of the Suite for me at this time.

Cheers!

TotoroCat

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I found with using Windows 10 and CS6 - for Photoshop I use the (64 bit) version and it works well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently no urgent need to change to Windows 11. I, myself, with my up-to-date CC subscription, will not update for a while at least, even that my hardware will allow the update. Windows7 computers, however, need to get the update to Windows 10 or 11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite will never run on macOS Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. And it will never be certified for use on Win11.  Only the latest Creative Cloud products are compatible.

NOTE 3: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is 64-bit. Been running mine 64-bit since I bought it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is 64-bit.

==========

@default12yd31gqa04p,

Legacy Creative Suite installers and plugins are NOT 64-bit compatible, sorry. 

That means Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey will never accept Creative Suite apps.  Nor will Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds.

Proceed as you think best & at your own risk.  Adobe no longer supports Creative Suite.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 20131024.r.34 2013/10/24:21:00:00)
x64

Operating System: Windows NT

Version: 6.2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I see that Bridge, Illustrator and Photoshop of CS6 include 64 bit versions. However indeed the rest of the Suite is 32 bit it seems. Thanks for the info!

TotoroCat

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is running, then do not try to install CS6 on any other platform or PC. Since Adobe had stopped giving technical support to CS6 & lower vesrsion software. You will get activation problem. So use it till it works or upgratation is the only option.

You can check with Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get activation problem.

=========

@Kamlesh-bs,

That is FALSE information.

As of this writing, CS5 and CS6 can still be activated. The user must have an older operating system that can support it, a valid license and matching installers that they received at purchase.  Also no more than 2 devices can be activated at the same time.  If you've exceeded your activation count, contact Adobe to reset it for you.

Keep in mind that CS6 is outdated software from 2012.  Professional content creators need modern tools to stay competitive. Amateurs and hobbyists, not so much.   Proceed as you think best.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope & pray that my above msg  be "FALSE information".

But, from last three month I trying to solve this installation & activation issue which I m facing.
I have all legal software for my two PC.
I used Adobe CS6 on Windows 8 & it upgraded free version upto windows 10
After hardisc crash, now operating sustem is running on Windows 8.1 pro.

In span of  period, I faced hardware problem twice in my same desktop since I purchased Adobe CS6 ;
1) Mother board repaired : Then "Adobe CS6" activted by Adobe team through "Adobe Remote System"- for that Thanks to Adobe Team.

2) Resently hardisc was crashed : I have tried to resolve through Chat, phone, etc.
But, my authorized Adobe vendor & Adobe are saying that,
they had stopped giving technical support to "Adobe CS6  & lower version" way back.

In my other PC it is running perfectly on Windows 8.1 pro.

If any body has proper soulion, please share it.

I get following error msg:

Adobe CS6 Activation Error.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kamlesh-bs,

You have an entirely different problem caused by an obsolete Transport Layer Socket 1 that is no longer allowed for security reasons.  See below for details on why this happens on old Windows operating systems and how to repair it with MSEasyFix.msi directly from Microsoft.  Until you enable TLS 1.2 on your system and browsers, you can't connect with  Adobe's servers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Nancy O'Shea, that's a bit harsh. Professionals used (and use) CS6. To call those who continue to use it amateurs is rude to say the least.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RobinWillson,

You're taking my remarks totally out of context.  I said,  "amateurs & hobbyists  [need new software] not so much..." 

Keep using your decade-old software if it suits your needs.  Or upgrade to new software as you see fit

That's a statement of fact.  There is nothing rude about it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RobinWillson wrote:

Well Nancy O'Shea, that's a bit harsh. Professionals used (and use) CS6. To call those who continue to use it amateurs is rude to say the least.

I agree with Nancy's assessment. If you can't afford the subscription fees, you have a worse problem as aprofessional. And if you are looking for Windows 11, you have a current PC that also needs it's share of invest. There may be good reasons to stick to CS6, but as soon as you plan to upgrade to Windows 11, you should also plan to upgrade to CC. 

Hobbyists really do not need to stay current, and doing a brochure in CS6 Indesign will still work great. But as soon as you are doing photography and have a current camera, you are in trouble with CS6, as your $4000-Camera isn't supported by your old CS6 Lightroom (Lr7) or Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines