Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 and Lightroom 5

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems getting my old apps to work in the Big Sur 11.4

The plans seem very expensive and both of these Apps are excellent for my needs and do not need to be updated every month. Can anyone suggest how to get these working without a new plan? I do not wish to go back to OS Mojave as it is a relatively new computer but a shame not to be able to use these Apps - aslo not computer savvy.

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've pretty much covered your options in your post.

There is no way to install or run CS6 or Lightroom 5 on Big Sur due to technical decisions made by Apple. There is unfortunately no workaround

Your options:

1. Stay with Big Sur and subscribe to a Cloud plan, or
  2. Revert to Mojave - provided you upgraded from Mojave in the first place. New Macs with Big Sur preinstalled cannot be downgraded.
  3. Dual boot (for the very technically inclined) - partition your hard drive to run two operating systems: Mojave and Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be warned that mixing generations of apps, systems and computers is a task for the computer savvy, and can have a lot of pain. In this case you've chosen something absolutely impossible, no matter how savvy. Otherwise, you are on the merry go round and need to pay, and keep paying, for the current versions of everything you use.

Is $10 a month really expensive? Photoshop cost $700 in the days when you paid for a permanent license - that's 6 years of subscription !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines