• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 License - Revoked Notification

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks ago, notifications from Adobe started displaying on my screen when I opened Adobe applications. On 11/5/22, I spent most of the day troubleshooting this with Geek Squad as I thought it might be a virus. Geek Squad confirmed it was not a virus or malware.

Yesterday 11/6/22, Geek Squad reinstalled Adobe CS6, but received another error message when trying to complete installation. I am receiving messages stating the license is revoked. Geek Squad recommended that I contact Adobe Support to have my license reinstated since the software is legimiate (original packaging, disk, key with barcode).

Today (11/7/22), I contacted Adobe with the number provided by Geek Squad (866-493-4991). I spoke with multiple individuals. The first representative (Nathan) advised that I purchased "limited-time software" and that my license key was registered to another Adobe account. I advised that was not possible since I am the person who registered the product. I also spoke with Krishna and Satshi who were not helpful, demanded the name of the store that I purchased the software from, advised that it was not genuine, and tried to sell me a subscription to Creative Cloud. This is documented in case ADB-26752985-F5M5 CRM:08422000019997.

I do not want the Creative Cloud apps - I need to use the CS6 versions of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro.

How do I reinstate my CS6 license?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately what you are asking cannot be done. There were a number of fraudulent vendors back in the day selling invalid licenses or trying to resell volume licenses which would make your license invalid. This is why they asked about the store you purchased from. As this is a user-to-user support forum there is less we can do here than what Adobe support was able to offer you. If you started to receive errors on an application I would have typically recommended you contact Adobe at that point as a place like GeekSquad has limited options other than to re-install things.  This is the only resource we have from the forums to point you to for further information on invalid or revoked serial numbers: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html

Also in all fairness, there is no need to have to use CS6 versions of apps as they are grossly outdated.  You could probably do more with the latest version of Photoshop Elements, and web editors like DW are nothing more than a text editor which in its case has been on maintenance mode for quite awhile and even the CC version is outdated where if you are serious about web development, you might want to consider tools like Wappler or Nova.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben M Thanks for that information. I find the CS6 versions invaluable and use them daily, and while I understand that new versions have been release, I prefer the CS6 version. I'm hoping that a community member may offer a solution to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally agree.  Adobe really missed the boat when they deprecated some of the dreamweaver cs6 features.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@edhenry63 

if you purchased cs6 apps years ago before the cc apps were released, keep your installation files and serial number(s) secure.  do not buy cs6 version now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where did you buy it?

did you register the serial number with adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I purchased the software online in 2020 (I would rather not name the online store as that could become a legal issue). The package (casing, CD, barcode and serial number) look legitimate, but Adobe is telling me otherwise. I did register the serial number in 2020 with Adobe without issue. It was approximately 2 weeks ago that notifications started displaying on my screen. When I contacted Adobe Support, I was told the license key was for the East Asia Pacific region. I don't know how that is possible, but at this point, I just need to get this reinstated so I can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you don't have any way to know whether your serial number is still private.

it may have been limited to you when you purchased, but subsequently released.  though if that license is for east asia, that's suggestive that it was problematic from the start.

the bigger issue is you purchased the license in 2020.  there were no legal versions sold in 2020.  ie, no new licenses have been issued in years AND no licenses have been authorized for transfer.

it sounds like it was a matter of when adobe would discover your license issue, not if.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I purchased the software online in 2020 (I would rather not name the online store as that could become a legal issue). The package (casing, CD, barcode and serial number) look legitimate, but Adobe is telling me otherwise. I did register the serial number in 2020 with Adobe without issue. It was approximately 2 weeks ago that notifications started displaying on my screen. When I contacted Adobe Support, I was told the license key was for the East Asia Pacific region. I don't know how that is possible, but at this point, I just need to get this reinstated so I can work.

By @glenn1126

CS6 was released in May 2012 and all sales from licensed vendors ceased in January 2017. I would definitely agree that this is a legal issue if the company is still in business and selling illegal copies of software.  There will not be any way to reinstate the license and your only option is moving to the Creative Cloud or looking for alternative solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vendor is still in business, and they are still selling packages of CS4 - CS5.5. As of two days ago, they were still offering CS6, however, they have removed that package from their website. It's very frustrating as I paid alot for the software as I thought it was genuine and now I am being told otherwise. I am not a fan of the DW and PS versions in Creative Cloud which is why I preferred and purchased CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@glenn1126, you need to discuss with the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I contacted the vendor on 11/7 after contacting Adobe Support. This was the vendor's response:

"Thanks for contacting us. 

I’m sorry this has occurred to you but it seems like Adobe has been doing this recently to force people into their subscription service. There is nothing we can do on our end. They have shutdown their activation servers and auto activations are no longer possible.   

Since this order is over 2 years old we cannot replace the license or offer you an exchange. 

I recommend purchasing the subscription services at adobe or buying a non subscription product like Affinity photo for Mac or Corel Draw for windows. Seems like most companies are forcing people into subscription models."

I followed up several times by email providing Adobe's response and also tried contacting by phone. They don't answer the phone or return calls, and they didn't respond to any of my follow-up emails.

Again, frustrating. I wish Adobe would just sell me a license to CS6. I would eat the cost at this point just to save time and hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@glenn1126,

1. their statement about the activation servers being shutdown (for cs6) is untrue.  

2. the license was illegally sold two years ago and is still illegal.  there's no question about that.

adobe, nor anyone else currently legally sells cs6.  adobe, nor anyone else legally sold cs6 2 years ago.

i'm not sure what parts of cs6 you use, but the current perpetually licensed photoshop elements and premiere elements are probably more powerful than cs6 photoshop and premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I use Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro. I was trained years ago on these versions - these offer the level of utiity that I need and are more intuitive than the current versions. That's why I purchased the software when my operating system had to be reinstalled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to find alternatives or purchase more illegal cs6 software that will be eventually revoked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, frustrating. I wish Adobe would just sell me a license to CS6. I would eat the cost at this point just to save time and hassle.

By @glenn1126

If you are willing to just eat the cost, why not subscribe?  The cost of Adobe CS6 retailed at the time for $2,599 + tax.  Adjust that price today for inflation it would be about $3,400. Then divide that by the price of Creative Cloud today (54.99/mo), and you would be able to buy a creative cloud subscription for the next 5 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben M I prefer the CS6 versions of DW and PS, which is why I purchased the software and want to keep using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The products do not exist to sell. Not for years. So all that they offer is a fake. Fakes are very convincing: it is big business. They rely on Adobe taking a while to discover the fake. Bear in mind the original price was over $2000. Adobe also never "sold off" old versions for less money. They never sold OEM versions. The sellers have many excuses, all fake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name That is what I am finding out - that eventhough the vendor promoted the software as new and genuine, Adobe is claiming otherwise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you can report the vendor here, http://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines