Adobe disks from swap meet

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was working on something using my browser, and I had not used any Adobe programs in the past three months, but I got this...A0DA7F84-E637-4BE9-AF19-652B7A8152D3.jpegI can't click out, either. This is a scam, and you can't convince me otherwise. The fact that I can't close it, and that the only interactive thing seems to be Learn More... It seems suspicious... I'm doing this on my iPad just in case, but I don't think my father should have gotten Adobe Disks from the swap meet. I hate pirating! Anyway, I'm not going to use my computer until further suggestions (hopefully not tricks) are given.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's a "swap meet"? You cannot just swap Adobe software or give it away without completing a transfer request with Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swap meet is another term for flea market, if that helps. Usually it's a place where people can come, set up a table, and sell off things they don't want anymore, instead of having a garage or yard sale.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you haven't been using the Adobe products, a bunch of background processes start up every time your computer boots. Adobe programs check in with the Adobe servers about every 3 months to validate that they are still legal to use, as in, you purchased the license and registered it. If you bought it second-hand, the original owner must transfer the license to you through Adobe. If you bought pirated software ... well, can't help you there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Adobe software was purchased second hand and not transferred by this method:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

then it was purchased illegally.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only "scam" here may be the person who sold the software without a proper transfer

Use https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines