• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe for Pixelbook [2018]

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just wondering if there is any update on whether or not Adobe Creative Suite will eventually be offered on Chromebooks such as the Google Pixelbook. And I don't mean the apps that are already available like Sketch and Draw. I want the whole deal. Also, I have the CD version of CS6 - is there any possible way to put this onto a Pixelbook?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

No, no and no. Chrome OS is a trimmed down version of Linux and you can find any number of discussions on the matter why it may not be feasible to convert Adobe programs to what in the desktop computing world is a niche market. That and of course it's totalyl unclear how long Chrome OS itself we be alive. Google have declared it dead more than onxce already. It's simply not going to happen.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no and no. Chrome OS is a trimmed down version of Linux and you can find any number of discussions on the matter why it may not be feasible to convert Adobe programs to what in the desktop computing world is a niche market. That and of course it's totalyl unclear how long Chrome OS itself we be alive. Google have declared it dead more than onxce already. It's simply not going to happen.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.....I don't dispute what you are saying about Chrome OS but schools are converting to Chromebooks like crazy.  In NYC and Lexington, just where I happen to have residences, the Elementary and Middle Schools opting for Chromebooks over iPads...even converting from iPads.  I wonder if this going to change the fate of Chrome OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes and yes, where have you been. Adobe had already released a beta for Photoshop that ran on Chrome OS the progam, lasted for a year. I know because I was part of it. You do know that you can now stream full desktop applications through the web and its fast. Adobe will be releasing their creative suite to the web, dont know when but it will happen. It's the future of applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be, at least, for people with fast internet. For the rest of us, that will be the end. Unfortunately decision makers are clustered in places with GREAT internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the moment it's not going to happen to all applications. Programs like word: yes. Photoshop will be more difficult.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has declared Chrome OS dead? That couldn't be further from the truth. Google is in fact doubling down on its attention to Chrome OS with the release of the Pixelbook last year and support for Android apps. Chrome OS is looking like both the successor to Android tablets and (eventually) a viable power operating system. The platform has enormous weight in the education market and growing momentum in the consumer space. I've no doubt Google is in discussions with Adobe to get the full creative suite running on Chrome OS machines but unfortunately it's a hugely complex undertaking and we may have to wait quite a long while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though other parts of this response are correct. There have been plenty of rumors of Chrome being killed off or merged into Android back in 2015 or so, but Google never declared Chrome OS dead as far I've ever known. If you have a source that'd be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MindyLL wrote: 

I was just wondering if there is any update on whether or not Adobe Creative Suite Cloud will eventually be offered on Chromebooks  

Things have changed since this was posted in 2018.

Not all Creative Cloud apps will work, but Photoshop for Web is now in beta and runs on Chrome OS. You need a valid PS subscription. Here are the system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-web.html

Operating system

Windows, macOS, Chrome OS 

Windows 10 (64-bit) and later,
macOS 10.15 and later

Questions, ideas, and issues should go to the Photoshop (beta) forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines