• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GC Client application causing laptop to overheat

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several times a day, my laptop fans start going into overdrive, and when I look at Task Manager in Windows I see that the culprit is "Adobe GC Client Application (32 bit)", with a warning that this application power usage is "Very High". Until I figured this out, I was about to return my laptop to HP as defective. (I have an i7 machine with 16GB RAM). 

So my fans keep spinning higher and higher, it's noisy, chews up power decreasing battery life. Without even running any Adobe apps, just the obligatory copy protection scheme.

ADOBE, DO YOU HAVE ANY SETTINGS FOR COPY PROTECTION THAT DON'T CHEW UP THE MACHINES THEY RUN ON?  This has been a long running issue.

Perhaps Adobe softward isn't designed to be run on laptops, and should only be run on well-ventilated desktop machines. If that's the case, please let us know with a message such as: "SYSTEM NOTE: ADOBE CC SOFTWARE IS NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON LAPTOPS AND REQUIRES WELL VENTILATED DESKTOP MACHINES ONLY."

(How terribly frustrating the Adobe cr@ps up their customers' system. Sorry to shout a bit here, but it's unbelievable that Adobe doesn't care about its paying customers' systems? And I'm an Adobe stockholder. C'mon!)

And, after that bit of venting, I truly am interested in a response from Adobe support. Is there a way we can set this so it doesn't cause the CPU to overheat, without even running any actual applications?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user-to-user community, not Adobe.

Suggest you reach out directly to Adobe Support for technical assistance.  This is the Christmas  - New Years holiday season.  And some people are out sick with omicron.  So wait times may be longer than normal.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines