• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3) Installation failed?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3)

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Photoshop update work fined.

Macintosh running Mountain Lion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem with F keys playing actions twice. I initially had a problem with F keys for actions also invoking palettes (Layers/Colors etc) which was temporarily solved by disabling the layers/colors palette shortcuts under prefs (though, these randomly reset back to defaults where I have to disable them again). Now my actions all perform twice if invoked from an F key. Every. Single. Time. Frustrating to say the least, considering I spend most of my day in Illustrator and use actions non-stop. Please fix this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously this is getting obnoxious, everytime an update is released it fails and I end up having to uninstall and reinstall the software, if that even works. If this continues I am going to uninstall and forget about reinstalling all together. Not to mention, the sudden push to suscribe users to the Creative Cloud and including features in that end of the software that aren't being included in the versions other license holder are entitled to. How about some quality control and some integrity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh. I'm still trying to work out how the 16.0.3 update can be issued under "bug fixes" when it's fixed no visible bugs for me, but introduced two new ones that are catastrophically disruptive to my workflow (actions rendered unuseable from Fkeys, no color profiles embedded in exported TIFFs)…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only did it not update, I get a Twitter response from someone named Madison at Adobe_Care:

Adobe Customer Care (@Adobe_Care)

12/11/12, 11:07 AM

@MarkWRoberts11 Hi Mark, we're sorry about that. You can try solution #2 here: forums.adobe.com/message/479431… ^Madison

Then to add to my fun, after deleting the Extension Manager and following the direction on the Adobe site, Illustrator Crashes !!! Now I have nothing working... so I trash EVERYTHING CS6, and just figure I'll "re-install clean..."

I can't even do that !!! AAM says everything is still installed... I'm looking for a .plist file or cache to delete... anyone? This is on my MBPwR thank god my iMac still works normally... still can't get two of the updates, but I'll live with that for now...

What a mess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.2.0)

Extension Manager 6.0.4 Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is working except InDesign.

This is what I see:

Adobe Illustrator [2452]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator

Identifier:      com.adobe.illustrator

Version:         682 (16.0.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [199]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2012-12-12 14:08:56.417 -0500

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Report Version:  10

I open to all suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...well, I took everything out of the trash, and placed it back into the Applications folder, I used the Illustrator "Un-installer" and finally got AAM to recognized that it wasn't installed... so I am now re-installing Illustrator Only as a test to see if that solves the "temporary problem."

I am semi-fortunate, I don't use all of the CS6 Suite of applications, but wouldn;t you know it's always the ones I NEED that fail?!?!! AI, PS, FW, DW, and ID are my main tools...

*** update, that worked, I am back to running Illustrator 16.0.0 *** at least no crash... going to check a few of the others to see if they still work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the exact same problem, all the solutions above are simply time wasters. (i.e. read error logs and installing Adobe Support Advisor, really? I have to do all that because of a simple upgrade?)  Hopefully Adobe will remedy this problem very soon.

Yes, reinstalling via Time Machine worked for me too. It has the be the installer hosing up the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SOLVED THE PROBLEN UNINSTALLING ILUSTRATOR  AND THE RE INSTALLING  AND IT WORKS FINE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - is anybody else using MacKeeper? I've heard that it is the culprit - deletes a .plist file that is required to update Illustrator. Have no idea which one, or why, or how to fix it. I hope Adobe weighs in here...if this is the case and they are aware of it, could they perhaps post a link with instructions on replacing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem 😞   MacBook Pro and using MacKeeper  - All other CS apps open/work EXCEPT Illustrator which the program that I do 95% of my work in!   NOT a happy camper right now.

Extension Manager 6.0.4 Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MacKeeper on my iMac and MBP. Sounds like an idea to uninstall version 2.3.1 of MacKeeper and try the download again - Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and I use Mac Keeper. That may be the reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, MacKeeper!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

So the deed is done, I have isolated the problem to be MacKeeper's Fast Cleanup function. I am not sure, which file it is that it deletes that causes this, but I am sure that once you run it Adobe CS6 Illustrator update will fail. I've uninstalled Illustrator when the update failed and reinstalled it and was able to perform the update successfully. Then in an attempt to isolate this problem I uninstalled Illustrator again and then reinstalled it, but prior to running the update I ran the Fast Cleanup function on MacKeeper and what do you know the update failed again. I have been in contact with Trey from MacKeeper support, who remains interested in getting all the details to get this resolved on their end. He did refund my order and left my license active for a year, which I found to be ok. Although, I am not sure exactly what to do with that given that I wont be using it to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Dreamweaver's update installed fine though. I don't even know what MacKeeper is. 

Photoshop 13.1 for Creative Cloud

Here's my list of installed applications:

cd /Applications

ls

./                               Dashboard.app/                   Preview.app/

../                              Dictionary.app/                  QuickTime Player.app/

.DS_Store                        Divvy.app/                       QuikIO.app/

.localized                       Dropbox.app/                     Reminders.app/

1Password.app/                   Droplr.app/                      Remote Desktop Connection.app/

Adobe/                           Espresso.app/                    Safari.app/

Adobe Bridge CS6/                Evernote.app/                    Sauce.app/

Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/           FaceTime.app/                    Sip.app/

Adobe Edge Code Preview.app/     Firefox.app/                     Skitch.app/

Adobe Edge Inspect.app/          Flux.app/                        Skype.app/

Adobe Extension Manager CS6/     Font Book.app/                   Spotify.app/

Adobe Illustrator CS6/           Found.app/                       Stickies.app/

Adobe Muse.app/                  FreeMemory Pro.app/              Sublime Text 2.app/

Adobe Photoshop CS6/             Game Center.app/                 SugarSync.app/

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.app/ Geekbench.app/                   Suitcase Fusion 4.app/

Adobe Revel.app/                 GitHub.app/                      SuperDuper!.app/

Alfred.app/                      GitX.app/                        System Preferences.app/

Amazon Cloud Drive.app/          Google Chrome Canary.app/        TextEdit.app/

Android Apps@                    Google Chrome.app/               TextMate.app/

Anvil.app/                       Hammer Trial.app/                Time Machine.app/

App Store.app/                   Image Capture.app/               Tower.app/

AppCleaner.app/                  ImageOptim.app/                  Transmit.app/

Archive Utility.app*             Kindle.app/                      Twitter.app/

Automator.app/                   Last.fm.app/                     Ubuntu One.app/

Backblaze.app/                   Launchpad.app/                   Utilities/

Bartender.app/                   LightTable.app/                  VirtualBox.app/

Brackets Sprint 16.app/          LiveReload.app/                  WebFonts/

Brackets Sprint 17.app/          MacVim.app@                      WebKit.app/

Brightness Slider.app/           Mail.app/                        WebStorm.app/

CCleaner.app/                    Messages.app/                    Wi-Fi Diagnostics.app*

Calculator.app/                  Microsoft Communicator.app/      Windows Phone.app/

Calendar.app/                    Microsoft Messenger.app/         Woven Uploader.app/

Carbon Copy Cloner.app/          Microsoft Office 2011/           Xcode.app/

Charles.app/                     Microsoft Silverlight@           Xcode46-DP1.app/

Chess.app/                       Mission Control.app/             Xcode46-DP2.app/

Chocolat.app/                    Mou.app/                         Xmarks for Safari.app/

Chromium.app/                    MyShoebox.app/                   eclipse/

Coda 2.app/                      NetNewsWire.app/                 iOS Simulator.app@

CodeKit.app/                     Notes.app/                       iPhoto.app/

Colloquy.app/                    Opera Mobile Emulator.app/       iTerm.app/

ColorSchemer Studio 2.app/       Opera Next.app/                  iTunes.app/

ColorSchemer Studio.app/         Opera.app/                       iWork '09/

Contacts.app/                    Photo Booth.app/

DVD Player.app/                  Pocket.app/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have CCleaner, do you use that application frequently. That type of application may be searching/scanning and finding the same files that MacKeeper is and deleting them.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use it very often, every few months maybe. I've been able to install updates before, so I'm not sure what it could be. I'd like to avoid uninstall/reinstall, and I don't think that's going to help since the update hasn't been applied yet. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trey from MacKeeper was able to get my Illustrator up and running - he said NOT to use the MacKeeper scan / cleaner till I hear back from them.  We had to use Time Machine and go back and replace the Illustrator files from a few days ago.  SO for now I'm not trying to update or clean anything!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you just love it when everyone plays well with each other. Happy Holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now Dreamweaver is getting this, but I thought I installed this update last week.

DW CS6 12.1.1 Creative Cloud update

Until a fix is issued, I'll be turning off the update notifier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest update having problems opening Illustrator but fortunately it will open giving an error message: "Error loading plugins. Drop Shadow.aip"... but allmost every Stylize Effect has disappeared...    From now on I have no interest whatsoever for updating Adobe programs - Photoshop bug with crashing text objects few months ago was painful enough...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines