• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Whre I can find the installer for Mac?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2, 3 and 4. I was able to install versions 2 and 3 without problems, but for some reason version 4 gives an error.

Where can I download the installer file for Mac (.dmg)?

Thanks a lot!!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download Windows version but not Mac version??????
Is this a joke??? I can't understand.... 😞

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-25 a las 18.03.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're trying to use an obsolete version of Lightroom on a newer Apple computer.  That's not possible now.

You can thank Apple for that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which Mac version you will install Lightroom 4?

On modern versions of MacOS you don't have any chance to install such old version.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @AxelMatt said.

If you're running Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey operating systems, Lightroom 4 cannot be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I'm not in front of the computer, but I already have version two and three of Lightroom installed. I'm not sure what is the latest system version that supports Lightroom 4.... that would also be a good answer 😉

If I remember correctly, the version of the Marcos operating system that I have installed is 10.13, but right now I am not sure.

The truth is that it is strange, because from my Adobe account I can access the download of Lightroom 4 but only in its Windows version, not in Marcos X

thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who Marcos is.  🙃

LR4 was made to run on Win Vista/Win7 or MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)/10.7 (Lion).  That should give you some idea how outdated it is.  In the years since, Apple has released Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean MacOS 10.13 than you have High Sierra installed. As I wrote before LR4 isn't compatible with newer MacOS version including High Sierra.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, what bad news!

The only doubt that arises is that I have been able to install my old versions of Lightroom 2 and 3. The truth is that I am surprised that it has allowed me to install these versions and not 4.

Do you know to which town it is due?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AxelMatt , Lightroom 4 should install OK on High Sierra and Mojave. They support 32 bit apps. It will not install on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey which support 64 bit only.

The main issue will be getting hold of a Mac installer. I'm not aware of any download locations for one. Not even Prodesigntools has one. The Mac link goes nowhere.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-4-is-out.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Waller Thanks for clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct! I have actually been able to install LR2 and LR3 with no problem, but the LR4 installer doesn't work. And for some strange reason when I log into my Adobe account, I can download LR4 but only for Windows.

The truth is that I do not understand it, because the Mac version does not appear.

I received an email from a person named William Daniels from Adobe telling me to write directly an Email to Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address ... but he doesn't give me the email address. It's weird... where the address should appear, it literally says the following:

**scam email address**

Does anyone know the email address of the Customer Care Team of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

William Daniels is a scammer. Adobe never provides support through email, it's chat or phone only. 

Thank your email provider for protecting you from that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines