• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop still says Update Required despite everything being up to date. Help?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The other day I tried to open one of my Photoshop files and it popped up with this:

Pieta5C32_0-1629426584073.png

I opened the link and followed the steps to resolve the possible issues. As far as I can tell, both my Windows system and my Internet Explorer (the default browser for Windows) are completely up to date (Windows 10 & Internet Explorer 11, respectively).

Bear in mind that:

(a) I am a student on a school laptop, and as such, do not have administrative privileges which in turn means that

(b) I can't see what version of Internet Explorer I have, only that I have Windows 10.

Pieta5C32_1-1629426900870.png

Google informs me that having Windows 10 automatically means I have Internet Explorer 11 so that's what I went with.

I have no idea how to fix this problem and I'd really love to have Photoshop up and running sometime soon (my assignments are counting on it!)

Thanks 😄

-Hannah

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are end of life now.  You need to enable TLS 1.2 connections throughout your system otherwise you cannot connect with Adobe's Servers.  See below for the announcement and links to relevant fixes which includes among other things using modern browsers with latest updates like MS Edge instead of IE.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Alright, so I gave in and spoke to support. I never have good experiences dealing with support as I find that they are typically unaware of specific problems like mine. I was wrong, they knew exactly how to solve it, gave me some tools to wipe all historic adobe software, then gave me two different executables for both creative cloud and 2019 premier elements, and then it worked without any issues.

Don't be like me, speak to support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact your school it dept to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem currently with Adobe/Windows10/IE11 to log in to Adobe. The problem lies with Adobe but they have not officialy recognized it yet. Some users have reported it fixed by installing Creative Cloud and then trying to install/login. However this didn't work for me, maybe it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not even ms recommends using ie as your default browser.  is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the absurdity of this situation, yes. The actual discontinuation of IE11 won't be untill 2022, but already a few days ago certain services of IE11 were disabled (which I believe has triggered the issues to Adobe's login solution). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unwanted software could be blocking you from seeing updates, so check your antivirus (I use Windows Defender)

to see if you have any threats.

Hope this helps. - An "Average" Adobe User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/unable-to-install-adobe-photoshop-elements-2019-on...

I have the same issue like all these other people in the thread. 

No, the issue does not lie on my end with unwanted software, or is antivirus related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if ie is your default browser, the problem is on your end because ie doesn't support current security. 

change your default browser to one that supports current security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you understand the problem here. Adobe is using IE11 services for their software. My default browser is Chrome, but I tried putting IE11 as default as that's a proposed solution in the Adobe FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in your control panel note your default browser then check if tls 1.2 is enabled in that browser, https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020184072-Release-Notes-TLS-Enabling-TLS-1-2-on-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help, I followed the process, rebooted, nothing.

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding this myself, but I don't think so. The way I see it is this:

When you try to install either Photoshop or Premier Elements 2019, you download the PremiereElements_2019_LS31_win64.exe file from Adobe after logging in and locating the software under 'products' in your profile. When you load that executable it opens up an installer window. This window is an IE11 modified browser as far as I can tell, and that's where the problem lies, since Adobe historically used IE11 to install their own software, it's blocking users from installing it again since the tls 1.2 became mandatory. I have zero ability of making that Adobe executable use Edge or Chrome instead.

Does that make sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us, what is your computer's default browser?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and is tls 1.2 enabled on that browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My default browser is Chrome. I tried changing it to Edge, and then it also didn't work, and yes everything is tls 1.2 (windows and browsers are latest versions fwiw).

I installed Premiere Pro and used it fine by using the Creative Cloud Desktop. The issue is that I can no longer install my Premier Elements 2019 and my Photoshop Elements 2019. Again, I believe the installation window of both 2019 applications use a modified IE11 browser, which is no longer supported.

If you want to help, then please try to download https://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/17/win64/PremiereElements_2019_LS31_win64.exe en try to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I gave in and spoke to support. I never have good experiences dealing with support as I find that they are typically unaware of specific problems like mine. I was wrong, they knew exactly how to solve it, gave me some tools to wipe all historic adobe software, then gave me two different executables for both creative cloud and 2019 premier elements, and then it worked without any issues.

Don't be like me, speak to support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Same issue here. Also can´t find, where to contact support. If you could provide e-mail, I would be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no email contact.  use chat or phone (but chat is quicker and more reliable).

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are end of life now.  You need to enable TLS 1.2 connections throughout your system otherwise you cannot connect with Adobe's Servers.  See below for the announcement and links to relevant fixes which includes among other things using modern browsers with latest updates like MS Edge instead of IE.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Just disable your internet connection before running setup. For me it worked smoothly👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines