• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio - Text Box Excess Space

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Adobe Portfolio text boxes there is always loads of excess space after the last line of type. I have looked in the text box settings and online for a solution but can't seem to find a way to remove the excess space. Is there a way to remove the space so that the gap between the last line of type and the bottom of the web page isn't so large?

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 18.45.31.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Don't rely too much on what you see in the editing portal.  Evaluate your results in major browsers and mobile devices at various zoom settings after you publish online.  

2. Click on a text box pencil icon, select Width, Alignment & Margins.  In the left side menu, scroll down to margins Above & Below.  Adjust to suit.

image.png

Post back if you need more help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. There's about 5cm of excess space under my last line of text and the text box margins are set at zero. There's way too much space between my last line of text and the image below it. And yes, I checked the image margins and they're at zero too! Adobe Portfolio's text and spacing is glitchy. It's never worked properly. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Centimeters have no relevance to screen sizes which are measured in pixels.

That said, if you continue to have technical difficulties, please reach out to Portfolio Support for assistance.

See links below.
- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us
- Contact Portfolio Support Team - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168
- Adobe UserVoice for feedback & feature requests  - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I only said cm rather than pixels to give a rough idea of the space 'visually' between the text and the image (it's hard to visually imagine space in pixels).

I've added screenshots below to make it clearer to visualise. The space is also there when I preview and on the live website.

Thanks for the resource links. I'll check it out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you see in the editing console is not a true indication of how it will actually appear on the live site.

For best results, click the PUBLISH button and then examine the live site in your browser.  Keep in mind that this must fit on ALL devices; not just desktops.  So there must be adequate wiggle room between elements.  That is by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines