• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice: Windows 2-in-1 to run Adobe CC?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time to upgrade my Windows laptop. Last one I bought a laptop, I bollixed myself up by not understanding GPU needs, so I'm stopping by here in search of advice.

Because I regularly take work home (including light editing in Premiere & AE), my employer is making a contribution in the form of memory upgrade - so I'm shopping for a machine shipping w minimal RAM & SSD, and will reinstall both after the first of the year.

I prefer a 2-in-1 that I can normally use docked on my desk w/ KVM. Could consider a docked laptop.

I'm looking at Win Surface Pro 8 but can't find documentation of its video processing.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has some laptop discussion, and includes 2 recommendation links from Puget Systems... copied from Peru Bob
https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-hardware-articles-to-read-before-you-buy-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for a legitimate way to make money online at home? If so, then you'll want to check out these proven online money making system. We've done the research for you and have rated these opportunities as the most easy ways to make money from the comfort of your own home, for details please visit... https://makemoneyrash.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have a page on laptops for video editing:

https://www.adobe.com/au/creativecloud/video/discover/best-laptop-video-editing.html

As for Surface Pro 8, below is a review that covers its vdeo processing capabilities.
https://www.laptopmag.com/au/reviews/microsoft-surface-pro-8 

I've used a Suface Pro for video editing, though some years back so an earlier version. I found it OK for basic work though was not powerful enough for more high end stuff. The Surface Pro 8 is probably much better than what I had. You need to assess how much video work you will be doing vs other things and whether it's worth getting something more alligned video and graphics work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface Pro tablets typically use ARM processors, not Intel. This could be useless to you for CC. However, the Surface Pro 8 specifically uses Intel. But what about the GPU? I think you are right to think it is unsuitable. I'd recommend looking for a name brand graphics processor. Be sure to get one which meets the system requirements for Photoshop, and probably at least 4GB of video memory: Adobe just jumped the system requirements from 512MB to 2GB, they could go up again. Expect this to add hundreds of dollars to the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yes, you're right (or your confirming my suspicions).

I'm learning about the Surface line (and I'm not totally attached to it, I'm just feeling like I have to narrow it down somehow) - and hadn't understood that they have lines called Surface, Surface Pro, and Surface Book, which seems more confusing than it had to be.

This page mentions SurfaceBook 3, which seems like it would serve both roles for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines