• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Installation fails on Mac OS 12.2.1 error code 183

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer (macbook pro 13" 2020 m1) I have installed Photoshop and Illustrator but when I try to install After Effects, I get error 183. I need AE for work. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, use the "alternative download links" at page bottom here and install the cc desktop app for apple m1 computers, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

then install after effects and/or premiere pro

if that fails, you probably need to install rosetta 2.

among the ways to do this is to start Photoshop with the Intel version*.

here are two other ways - How to Install Rosetta 2 on Apple Silicon Macs (osxdaily.com).

that's been the solution to a recent surge in mac problems (with new apple silicon macs) caused by premiere pro (and after effects) installs resulting in exit code 183.

there are also the older problems and fixes https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-error-183.html,

but you should try the rosetta 2 install first, because its absence is most likely the cause of your problem.

*Go to Applications > Photoshop > Open the Photoshop Folder > Click the Photoshop Application within the Photoshop folder.

Then hold Control > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rosetta solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines