• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcement for M1 Support for New Programs [M1 updates not yet available in Cloud Desktop App]

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a blog post that I found from Adobe that stated M1 support for various Adobe programs. I believe Illustrator, Indesign, and possibly After Effects and Premiere. I may not be accurate on the last. I have checked my activity monitor having the latest updates and they still appear to be running through Rosetta as the type says Intel beside the programs. I was curious is anyone knows how to get the updates that are spoken about in the blog. I show no new updates even 24 hours later.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro M1 is still in beta - due by the end of June 2021. Work on M1 After Effects is just starting so give that 6-12 months.

I understand that the M1 Indesign and Illustrator are imminent - but not here yet

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/no-option-for-upate-indesign-for-apple-m1/td-p/12102175

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I was seeing no update when I went to update for the programs and the versions still say Intel. So they were released, just no option to download them yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe's official help article from this URL,

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Apps that run natively on M1 computers

Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop run natively on Apple M1 computers.

I'm sure more will be added in the coming months after they are tested.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that article is not fully up to date.

Audition has run natively on the M1 since May 2021.

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/adobe-updates-creative-cloud-with-m1-support-for-audition

I've reported it to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have seen that article as well. Here is the blog post that I was referring to having seen.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/06/08/illustrator-indesign-run-natively-apple-silicon-m1.html...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still rolling out globally according to the article

"These releases will start to roll out to customers starting today and will be available to all customers across the globe soon."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this article above updated, and still no update available in CC. Has anyone been able to update their software for Illustrator or Indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines