• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone have the old CS6 master collection (Mac) they would legally like to sell?

Participant ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know sometimes people or companies will keep their old legitimate, no longer used or no longer compatible software tucked away in a cupboard or draw somewhere gathering dust.

Long shot I know, but does anyone still have the Mac CS6 master collection that they no longer use or require, that they would be interested in selling and legally transferring the ownership over to me? It's a very simple process (see link below) 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

If you would be willing to do this, please get in contact as it would be much appreciated. Many thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

@Jeff A Wright I managed to get a genuine version of the CS6 Master Collection in the end and successfully transferred and registered it to my Adobe account, so all is good!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if not the CS6 Master Collection, then the CS6 Production Premium collection would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can buy, but it's no longer possible to legally transfer the license (because adobe stopped authorizing license transfers).

if you want to take the risk, amazon is probably the safest place to buy.  but be aware that your purchased serial number may be revoked by adobe (even months or years after you first use it).  so, it's a risk no matter how safe you try to make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, didn't know Adobe had stopped legal license transfers, it seemed from the above link that they still did this? Why would they revoke a legal serial number? I must have been out of the loo- too long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they won't revoke a valid serial number.  but valid serial numbers can be invalidated at any time, for example, by posting publically (intentionally or unintentionally) that valid serial number.  once a serial number is in the public domain, it can be quickly abused (eg, by more than one person using it).

there are other reasons for delayed revocation involving volume licenses, but that the above is the easiest to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transfer page has "Last updated on Jul 20, 2021" at the top

Do you have a link where Adobe says a transfer is no longer possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith, no i don't.  that info is from reports by users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's no longer possible to legally transfer the license (because adobe stopped authorizing license transfers).

By @kglad

@Jeff A Wright  

Can you please confirm that?

Also, is this link valid?

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your question, PeruBob; the information at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html is still valid. However, not all Adobe software titles are eligible for a license transfer.

ChrisHB, I am very sorry, but the Adobe Community forums are not a marketplace. If you acquire a copy of Creative Suite 6, ensure they work directly with our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to complete the process referenced in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html. Please be prepared that the license transfer request for such old software could be denied or not eligible.

If you want to purchase legally valid Adobe software in 2023, I would encourage you to choose a current offering at https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html. You can filter the catalog by category and the type of service or application you seek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright  is there a way of determining if a legitimate retail license for CS6 Master Collection is eligible and can be transferred (using the linked Adobe TOL form) to my account without being denied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, part of the transfer process will be making sure that the software is registered under the individual account per the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html  

The transfer could still be denied, so if you decide to follow this path, make sure you work with someone willing to provide a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright I managed to get a genuine version of the CS6 Master Collection in the end and successfully transferred and registered it to my Adobe account, so all is good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is excellent news, Chris_HB! Please download the steps listed in https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/download-non-subscription-adobe-software... and backup the necessary installation files.

For future viewers of this discussion, this is a rarity, and we would encourage you to purchase a current offering from Adobe. If you acquire a copy of Creative Suite 6, make sure you complete the transfer of license process listed at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html.

The caution offered by others in this discussion is accurate. Even if the license transfer process is successful, I would be skeptical of any Creative Suite 6 licenses available for purchase in 2023. Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html, as the license could still be revoked later, depending on how it was acquired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably know this already, but CS6 can't run on any current Mac or any system later than Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thanks, I'm happy on OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, hence my requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy on OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, hence my requirement

By @Chris_HB

=========

You should not be.  An 8 year old OS is a security risk.

Apple released this announcement several years ago. "We are phasing out software support for all computers running macOS 10.10 Yosemite and will end support on December 31, 2019." 

Your OS has been out of support for 3+ years. Oh, my 😱

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris_HB,

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Why do you want obsolete 10+ year old software anyway?  It's of little value and quite probably won't install much less work on a modern 64-bit machines. It may or may not work on Windows 11.  And it absolutely won't work on Mac Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.  Even older Macs with Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave can't run legacy installers without workarounds.  I don't see any upside in this.

Use pre-owned software at your own risk.  Much of the stuff offered on auction sites is infected with malware and other nasties. Or it flat out doesn't work.  If seller isn't insterested in submitting official license transfer forms, the so-called license isn't worth the paper it's printed on.  Find the nearest EXIT ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to report that I got a genuine version of the CS6 Master Collection and successfully transferred and registered it to my Adobe account, so all is good! 🙂

It’s installed (on my Mac) and is working as it should. Abobe Manager ran a few updates on some of the software, although it missed the required updates for After Effects CS6. If anyone needs these, they can be found here; https://archive.org/details/after-effects-cs6_202207

The software might be old @Nancy OShea but it's far from obsolete! I’ve used the latest CC versions on the latest OS etc.; honestly, it really makes very little (if any) noticeable difference to my design work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris_HB 

good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software might be old @Nancy OShea but it's far from obsolete!

By @Chris_HB

==========

All fine & good now.  But when you're forced to run on Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, and beyond... that's when you're hosed.  CS6 won't install on modern Mac OSs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what your saying @Nancy OShea just not sure why I could be forced to upgrade my current OS setup? For the foreseeable future, as I have no real reason to change.

There's always a lot of hype about constantly upgrading to the latest and greatest. All part of the FOMO culture that exists to make us buy more stuff. Would it make me any better at what I do? I suspect not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

other than security issues, there's no compelling reason to upgrade.  otoh, security can be a big reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris_HB Chris, speaking as someone who has worked for both Microsoft and Apple, the biggest two problems with outdated operating systems are compatibility and security.

You'll find more and more issues when trying to work with the rest of the world- websites may not display right, files may be in a newer incompatible format, you won't be able to use newer services, etc. And any security problems that are fixed with newer systems are left unpatched in old, unsupported software. Those exploits are typically added to frameworks like metasploit and all manner of underground hacking tools. This makes your computer vulnerable to anyone with ill intent, as well as all the automated hacks floating around online.

As long as you don't use the Internet, don't upgrade your hardware (including things like printers), and don't exchange files with anyone else, you are fine with an older system. Otherwise, its a bad idea.

FWIW, I was in a local (Metro Detroit, USA) Best Buy store last week and they had two open box M1 Mac mini computers for sale, US$493 each with warranty. Someone on a budget could pick one up, drop another US$20-25 on a used display, keyboard, and mouse from a thrift store, and have a current, supported system that would run circles around that Yosemite machine. You would be as secure as you can be, get the benefits and added features of the newer macOS and newer Adobe releases, and have a warranty as well. I would take that any day over a ten-year-old system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphicsand @kglad I agree with you that security and online compatibility could be possible influencing factors in the future (I like to use DuckDuckGo as a browser or Firefox with the DDG extension). The OS benefits/features always seem superficial (eg; 21 new emoji today!)

The Mac Mini or Mac Studio might tempt me at some point, but then I’d most probably look at alternative new software options at that point anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chris_HB 

excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines