• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App updates disappear from Creative Cloud app

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several times I'll notice that the Creative Cloud app has app updates for the apps I have installed. But then those updates vanish, and the Update panel says "You're up to date!"

This morning when I started my computer there were six updates listed. I clicked the "Lern more" link on one of the entries, and while I was reading the pop-up, all the updates vanished.

I don not have auto-update enavled in CC app preferences.

I don't know if CC app is deciding the updates don't apply to my machine and removing them, or if it's somehow installing them in the background. That seems unlikely since they vanish immediately, and updating apps (when they don't vanish) is pretty slow.

Now I don't know if I'm missing updates I should be getting.

I do occasionally get notifications for updates that don't disappear, and those install normally (although lately those fail about 50% of the time and I have to re-try).

Any ideas what's going on? I tried searching but all ther esults are about the CC app itself disappearing, I can't seem to write a query that filters those out.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

-Mike

My specs:

Windows 10.0.19043

CC app version 5.5.0.617

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, is there an example of a Creative Cloud application that is missing an update?  At the time of this posting version, 5.5.0.617 is the most recent release of the Creative Cloud desktop app.  Information on the releases, and changes that were implemented, can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like everythin is up-to-date. Current version numbers for some of the apps is a little hard to find, but the ones I was able to compare to my installations all looked the same.

Here are the apps CC Desktop App said I had updates for this morning, with the currently installed version numbers.

• Photoshop 22.5.1
  • After Effects 18.4.1
  • Illustrator 25.4.1
  • Premiere Pro 15.4.1
  • InDesign 16.4
  • Dreamweaver 21.1

If those truly are the latest versions, then it appears that CC Desktop App is erroneously showing me I have updates available, then disappearing them when it figures out that's not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply removed. Not relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my PC when the Creative Cloud app itself has an update.

After I update Creative Cloud, some (or all) of the apps that previously required an update no longer do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue regularly.

CC shows available updates but after updating the CC App itself, all the available updates disappear.

Also Windows 10 user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rico S, reset the cc desktop app:

make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines