Apps do not update on Laptop - latest version is older than Desktop which updates ok

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tech has crashed both my computers last time the rep logged in took control, did a lot of changes in Windows system, and did updates after a reboot, windows would not reboot paid 500, euros to get both computers back - basically reinstalled everything, all my music production software, microsoft and adobe but the issue still remains

Desktop updates fine, when I open CC it sees updates

Laptop says update, looking at the latest version it is two versions behind now. 

At the last call before my vacation (which I am still on for another week) .. they said wait until 1 Aug when updates roll out it should work. 

All the tech issues you see Adobe, like deleting files, uninstalling creative cloud etc,  the only way to get updates is manually uninstall the app then reinstall then it is the right version, I have done this 30 times on the Laptop but it is annoying and wastes time plus I lose settings doing it this way, all my brushes, preferences etc are all gone.

Adobe has not figured it out, before leaving on vacation, the rep, tried doing all the same things the other rep did that crashed the computers, so I blocked him from controling my laptop, and asked why he is doing it, he says just let me do it, I told him the last rep already did all these things you are doing and then you will crash the computer.

watching him, he changes system files etc, checking all firewall settings, allowing creative cloud through, turning off firewall, creatiging a superuse admin account logging in that account still didn't work  he also checked hosts files, for windows updates etc in the end some file he changes breaks windows 10.. so I am afraid to let him back into the pc, because they won't pay the 500 euro I had to pay a computer repair man to do

if you have suggestions please let me know but if they are from the help on adobe have tried probably all of them,

yes syncing is working fine, auto updates is on, remomving OOBE  folder, restarting laptop and logging back in, none of them work except manually uninstalling the app and reinstalling losing everything..  yes cc is the latest it updates fine, just updated today. 

conveinently Adobe changed error downloading or updating app help page, now you have to have an error code, there is no error code, creative cloud does not see the latest updates 

in windows temp creative cloud folder the logs show no errors everything is fine.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI there, 

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Which version of OS are you on? 

-Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines