Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps on another Drive MacOS via Creative Cloud / Preferences / Apps

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I need all my CC apps on another internal SSD due to lack of space on the boot SSD. (MacOS is usually good with this)

Moving them manually works. But they wont update. None of the apps show up as installed in the Creative Cloud app.

I checked: Creative Cloud App/Preferences/Apps where the location to the other SSD is specified. 

Even if I click install - it installs the app on the Startup Applicaitons folder and NOT the folder specified in the above preferences.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...system spec

MacOS Big Sur 11.5

Mac Pro 2019 16 core

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with a any insight into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @MarkGr1f,

Moving applications as such is not recommended as there are files at multiple other locations as well than just the applications folder. I would suggest you uninstall all the applications(put back all the moved files at their original location, if nothing got corrupted, CC would recognise installed applications and would allow you to uninstall cleanly), use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to clean if needed. Then make the appropriate setting for change location in the CC Desktop App and then reinstall, hopefully that will work.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines