• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps tab missing from Creative Cloud Desktop

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm running Creative Cloud on Mac OS 10.9.5. A couple days ago I updated several of the apps through the Creative Cloud Desktop app in the menu bar. The apps updated and they all seem to run fine, but now the Apps tab is missing altogether from the CC Desktop Window, and it's even missing from the CC Desktop preferences. (Please see the screenshots.) Also, when I click on the "Install Adobe Apps" button in the CC Desktop window, nothing happens.

Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.42.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.42.30 AM.png

I've un-installed -> re-downloaded -> re-installed CC Desktop several times, along with trying some of the other troubleshooting suggestions I've found here on the Adobe site, such as:

• restarting the computer
  • logging out of CC Desktop then back in again
  • deleting the opm.db file
  • deleting the CoreSync folder
  • deleting the AdobeAAMDetect plugin

Nothing seems to fix it. As I mentioned, the applications all seem to running fine, but I'd like to know that CC Desktop is functioning as intended and keeping me up to date. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Downloading Lightroom 6 was exactly what I was going for when I realized my apps tab was missing.  I'm on a PC, but this screen shot is a look at what I had to modify.  If you can find this same file on your Mac to modify hopefully it'll resolve your issue.

2015-06-01_8-56-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really thanks for this solution you found. I have the same issue and this solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My xml file had 2 false indicators as our updates were being pushed out by IT. Both had to be set to True before it would work and return the Apps tab but it did, so thank you big time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to edit ServiceConfig.xml file, I save and it says Access Denied. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Was trying the thing to make the Apps panel appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of this we can also try with by changing the name of OOBE folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines