Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 3.0 needs reactivation [CS3 is DEAD]

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a licensed copy of Audition 3.01 that i've used for years. I just changd the hard drive in my Windows 10 PC to an SSD, and now it tells me I need to reactivate. But now I find the activation servers are no longer available. Got not where with a long support chat, although they acknowledge that my serial number is good.

I found other posts talking about some kind of free download that includes a non-activation serial number, but I'm guessing that is also gone now as well? Does anyone know a way to get this going again? I'd upgrade, but I don't use it often enough to warrant the new subscription only versions.

Thanks

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

The special non-activation version is no longer available from Adobe.

I'm sorry, but CS3 apps can no longer be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The special non-activation version is no longer available from Adobe.

I'm sorry, but CS3 apps can no longer be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used it, but the free (open source) Audacity sound editor is supposed to be good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking at that as an alternative since I'd have no interest in the Adobe subscription idea.

Very lame that they would just let users just stop working with no email or indication that the non-activation version had been available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support for legacy CS3 (Audition 3) from 2007 ended ages ago.  You've been living on borrowed time for more than a decade.   When the aged out activation servers failed, CS3 was EOL'd.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines