• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank screen after loading Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run the file, 'Launching creative Cloud does not finish installing and a blank screen appears.  (Windows 7)  I have tried uninstall/reinstall, I have tried removing the OOBE file step by step, neither of which have helped.  Suggestions?  I've now lost a day of my 'free trial.'

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue except I'm using Windows 8.1. I just got a new pc and am trying to download photoshop. Every time I download creative cloud though I get a blank screen with no option to log in. I have used creative cloud before so I know how its suppose to work. ADOPE WE NEED HELP PLEASE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 Premium, but maybe this will help with your Windows 8.

I've tried all the following solutions in many posts to no avail, except for creating new windows account. New account was the only way for it to work and I did not want that.

I finally figured out the root of all evil. The ampersand in Windows user folder name (not the Windows displayed user name).

If you have ampersand (&) or other non-alphabet characters in windows user folder name (Example: C:\Users\Bob & Mary), then Flash Builder will fail to install (happened to me), Creative Cloud will display white screen, and/or other miscellaneous problems.

I confirmed this to be true and works:

1) I had blank Creative Cloud window as shown in the first post.

2) I renamed the display username and window user folder name by doing the instructions here:

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/28/how-to-change-a-windows-account-name-and-user-profile-folder-name/

(Example: Change from "Bob & Mary" to "Bob n Mary" - without the quotes)

3) After logging back in my newly renamed account, I opened Creative Cloud and login interface shows up! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks! this was literally the only thing that worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps mentioned below

WIN 7 and 8 (64 bit):

WIN 7 and 8 (32 bit):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS OF 12/26/19 Adobe's Creative Cloud Desktop app is still loading blank and loading system processes in a very unclean way when loading on start. There are multiple threads regarding this and adobe has yet to own up to the bug. IF YOU ARE READING THIS than you most likely attempted the level 1 troubleshooting (likely multiple times). If this has not perminently resolved the issue here is the fix:

If you DON'T REQUIRE it to load on start follow METHOD 1:

1. install creative cloud, repair if necessary to get the desktop app to load content (at least once) and go to preferences and disable load on start.

2. Go to task manager, startup tab and disable all other adobe programs loading on start.

3. Reboot, upon launching desktop app it should load content consistently.

METHOD 2:

USE THIS IF YOU REQUIRE TO LOAD ON START.

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\ and pin a shortcut from cctroubleshooter.exe to start

2. Open desktop app and let it render blank screen.

3. Run the pinned shortcut as administrator and select close all adobe processes.

4. Upon success re open desktop app and the issue should be resolved

NOTE: this is required every time windows starts.

FYI running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 as of 12/26/19

Hope it helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines